New Guy Alert

Sep 4, 2020
Hello guys, hope you having a good one. It has been a tough year for me, today I got my paycheck which finally will allow me to get my dream car - Seat Leon mk1 with the Bam engine. Currently considering few vehicles, hopefully I can pick one this week and share my beauty with you guys.

Any advice on what to look out for when I go to see the car?

Reactions: Syphon

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Hello guys, hope you having a good one. It has been a tough year for me, today I got my paycheck which finally will allow me to get my dream car - Seat Leon mk1 with the Bam engine. Currently considering few vehicles, hopefully I can pick one this week and share my beauty with you guys.

Any advice on what to look out for when I go to see the car?
Welcome, good choice of dream car there. (y)
Obviously they’re getting on a bit now the mk1’s so check for corrosion.
Underside should be nothing more than surface rust.
Some are starting to go at the bottom of the front wings behind the front wheels but nothing a bodyshop couldn’t sort.
Check the carpets inside for damp, prone to water ingress from door seals but most have normally been fixed properly by now.
Check the climate control unit is working properly, some have issues with pixels or stiff buttons.
Other than that just the usual stuff, should be no strange engine noises, Gear change should be smooth and crisp and clutch is light.
Sure someone with good mechanical knowledge will add more than I can.
All in all though should still feel taught and solid, great cars I love mine.
keep us posted. Happy shopping! ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members