New Leon Advice

marshalex

Jan 8, 2015
Hi

Been trawling through the web for the last few days for some details and have come up a bit short so I thought I'd ask the question on here.

I'm looking at swapping my Scirocco in for a Leon TDI 184 FR or a Golf 2.0 TDI GT and have been trying to find out what sort of resale values I can expect in 3 years/30000 miles time for the leon. As it's a new model the values out there seem to vary significantly and there doesn't seem to be a definitive it will be worth X% of the list price after Y years and Z miles. It's a 6 month old 64 plate that I'm looking at if that helps at all.

Thanks

Alex

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi

Been trawling through the web for the last few days for some details and have come up a bit short so I thought I'd ask the question on here.

I'm looking at swapping my Scirocco in for a Leon TDI 184 FR or a Golf 2.0 TDI GT and have been trying to find out what sort of resale values I can expect in 3 years/30000 miles time for the leon. As it's a new model the values out there seem to vary significantly and there doesn't seem to be a definitive it will be worth X% of the list price after Y years and Z miles. It's a 6 month old 64 plate that I'm looking at if that helps at all.

Thanks

Alex

Hi Mate

Try www.parkers.co.uk. I am at work and cant access the site but from memory look for their review and at the end it has expected resale values.

Last edited:

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
There is a tool on the vw website that allows you to compare cost of ownership against other cars, including depreciation which will give you the residual. on comparisons I did, the Leon always worked out cheaper. That is based on list prices, so difference would be greater with additional discounts on the Leon.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
I would find it very hard to believe the additional money spent on the Golf up front would be realised when you sell it 3 years later...

That is to say, if the Golf is £2,000 more purchase price I cannot believe it would part-ex £2,000 higher at trade-in time. Even if it did, you're still only breaking even! Pick the car you want to drive and be seen in for 3 years.

marshalex

Jan 8, 2015
Yeah this is the probem, the Leon was more fun, the golf was nicer inside but has a lower spec and the slower engine and looks no where near as good.

The VW website comparison is definitely designed to give the Golf an edge (Bit cheeky comparing a 150 GT against a 184 FR which have minimal difference in list prices) but based on their values and changing the OTR values the Leon comes out better by quite a distance. The only other thing is that the Golf is slightly cheaper to insure. This is definitely leaning more towards the Leon. Definitely a case of head or heart!

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
just buy the Leon...better drive, better spec, better OTR pricing and still only £30 annual tax.
Seat Sound pack is excellent.
I also got leather and winter packs and the seats heat up really quickly...:)
stay away from 19" wheels though - the rides much better on 17 or 18s.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise