New Leon Paddle Shifters

weatherlight

Hello,

Has anyone purchased an FR with DSG? I found on web that with FR trim DSG cars come standard with paddle shifters on the wheel. I could not find this option with SE, and dealer told me only MK7 Golf offers them in mid-spec. Since no DSG FR is imported to our country, I had to settle with less FUN while shifting.

I asked the dealer whether they could be fitted at the service as spare parts, they told me to contact SEAT directly. I contacted SEAT, they told me to wait that the distributor will contact me. Distributer contacted me that such an option is not possible.

Since almost all parts on FR and SE trim are literally same and with the shared parts strategy, it just didnt make sense to me that 2 small buttons could not be fitted to my wheel. I believe the neccessay sockets and mounting place is already there sitting empty on my wheel. I also found a company who installs aftermarket paddle shifters to VW group cars, but I'm worried about my warranty, so that is not an option for me.

Can anyone direct me in the right way, or know someone from SEAT that can help me, please?

Thank you

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
You will probably find its not as simple as fitting a couple of buttons, the wiring would need to be put in along with the plugs and then coding it up with their diagnosis equipment
So its probably a case that the dealer has more profitable work for his mechanics to do,, especially if they have never done one before, it can tie up a lot of hours just working it all out and getting the bits together
Most of what a Seat dealership will retro fit is simple stuff, even if you ask them to fit parking sensors, you won't get the factory type, just the cheap 2 wire aftermarket kit

So I'm afraid,if you want paddles your only option is probly the company you mentioned or someone similar,

weatherlight

:( well I was planning to purchase extra 2 year warranty for the DSG (since I'm hearing horror stories of faulty DSG boxes around the world) but 4 years is a long time to wait for paddle shifters.. I will try to contact the dealer and SEAT again. Without paddle shifters, DSG is not much fun to drive..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members