New member a little worried.

Secretagent

Nov 26, 2022
New member here living in South Wales, picking up my eight month old 310 VZ Formentor in magnetic grey next Thursday, first thing I read on this forum was about a member wishing he'd never bought his, is this common?

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
I am very happy with my CUPRA Leon 245. Yes I’ve had a few software issues that have been dealt with by my dealer, but the car is great to drive and easy to live with. I would recommend making sure that the dealer applies all the software updates before you collect your car. I didn’t and am sure I wouldn’t have had any issues if I had.

Reactions: Secretagent

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
New member here living in South Wales, picking up my eight month old 310 VZ Formentor in magnetic grey next Thursday, first thing I read on this forum was about a member wishing he'd never bought his, is this common?
I have the same model and the same age, mate, and I've not had a single issue with it. As I've said elsewhere, it's the best car I've owned, drives wonderfully and brings the boy racer out of me. People who have no problems have nothing to talk about, so these forums are generally about problems and fixes (not forgetting what mods have been carried out!). There is not a marque out there who doesn't have an owner who hasn't had one problem or other. If you have half as much fun as I've had, you'll be doing just fine!

Secretagent

Nov 26, 2022
Thanks for the above comments makes me feel satisfied with my choice of new to me car, the other thing I've picked up on is that it has Good Year Eagle F1 tyres fitted all round, looking on line I can't see any other Formentor VZ2 fitted with these tyres, all seem to be Bridgestone, any ideas?
Strangely all the wheel bolt plastic caps are missing and to date Motorpoint refuse to replace them, I'm told the car is sold as seen, mean or what?
The car has done 7k miles.

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Thanks for the above comments makes me feel satisfied with my choice of new to me car, the other thing I've picked up on is that it has Good Year Eagle F1 tyres fitted all round, looking on line I can't see any other Formentor VZ2 fitted with these tyres, all seem to be Bridgestone, any ideas?
Strangely all the wheel bolt plastic caps are missing and to date Motorpoint refuse to replace them, I'm told the car is sold as seen, mean or what?
Yep, mine had Bridgestones and I'm pretty sure it's the common tyre across the range.

You're right about the dealer's attitude to replacing the bolt caps; it's petty, small minded and unprofessional and reflects a very poor level of customer service. Might be worth telling them that too.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
The bolt caps are a pain on all VAG vehicles. My wife has an Arona and my two daughters have a Leon and and Ibiza. They’ve all lost caps at some point, but I have to say that Johnson’s in Preston gave me a few spares and I use a tiny drop of evostick (a very small drop) inside each cap to hold them in place. Not lost one since.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.