New Member - Buying Soon (Cupra R mkI)

Fellows

Jun 7, 2017
Hi All

I thought I'd introduce myself here. I'm just about to go and view a MkI Cupra R with a view to getting one as my daily driver.

It'll be replacing my previous daily which was an 05 plate Jag XJ, so a bit of a change!

I've already been browsing this site for buying guides etc, but thought I should join and try to contribute a little if possible.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Welcome to the madness.
There are a few good buying guides on here.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fellows

Jun 7, 2017
Thanks for the welcome chaps - I'll probably be around asking stupid questions soon...!

Fellows

Jun 7, 2017
It was a nice place to sit, definitely!

But is was time to let it go, and I quite fancied a total change. Hence I'll picking up my new LCR on Saturday - very excited.

Fellows

Jun 7, 2017
Excellent.
A good one and good price?

I think so... Its an early model, so an AMK rather than a BAM, but the previous owner seems to have done everything to it. Cambelt, wishbone bushes. Its had a paint correction and refurbished wheels and looks really nice.

It's standard aside from a cobra exhaust and a RAM air filter. And it has Recaro's front and back which I quite like...!

It was much better than another I saw, which was up for £3.5k and was a total hound.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Sounds excellent.
Hope it's a good one. Sounds like it's been looked after.
Colour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fellows

Jun 7, 2017
Sounds excellent.
Hope it's a good one. Sounds like it's been looked after.
Colour?

It's a red one.

I like bright colours on my cars, and makes a change from the jag which was black. Black suited the car, but was very somber and a nightmare to keep looking shiny!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
It's a red one.

I like bright colours on my cars, and makes a change from the jag which was black. Black suited the car, but was very somber and a nightmare to keep looking shiny!

They do look good in red.

Fellows

Jun 7, 2017
My mates giving me a lift to pick it up later today, probably in a lowered Trabant 601. We like to make a good impression...!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.