New newbie with an old car!

kd1990

Oct 24, 2016
Hey guys, so I recently purchased a 1998 mk2 2.0L 8v gti. Hopefully I can still find all the information I'd like here! She cost me only £400, the rear arches are rotten (but hopefully getting some fabricated come payday) she's never been modified and kept in a garage for the last 13 years! I would upload a pic but not sure how haha.

kd1990

Oct 24, 2016
Thanks! I appreciate the response, she's going into the body shop Monday to have the rear arches fabricated, welded and sealed! Then when the rots sorted I can get on with the other bits and eventually make her a little more powerful, I know there isn't alot you can do to the AGG engines but I'm gonna try!

kd1990

Oct 24, 2016
thats the same colour as mine! listed as brown on the V5 haha. aah i think its quick enough, besides i eventualy plan to cam/bigger valves/polish and port/bigger injectors and remap it to try get it nearer the 150/160 mark!

gonna go hunting for an AGG engine wizard and get some info. but first the dreaded rear arch rot to deal with, been told worst case scenario is £600 all in :eek:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.