New old member

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
Back in the Seat fold after almost a year out, had a Mk1 LCR (still regret selling it) had a Fiesta Zetec S for a bit and now got a Mk2 FL Leon Fr Tsi
Enjoying it but still miss my LCR!
Anyway though I'd say Hi again

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
I got rid of the LCR as it had hit 138k miles was getting a bit tired, needed a new clutch, it's 2nd cambelt and waterpump change was due and before the MOT was due it would need 4 new tyres and I just couldn't afford all that work so close together. Gave the zetec s a try as I thought it would be something fun and different but just couldn't live with how gutless the engine was so got shot of that for the FR.

JackoFR

Jan 14, 2015
Manchester
I definitely know where you're coming from mate, I got quite quickly tired with how decent it looked but had nothing to back it up! Only thing I loved about it was the full leather it had. But I couldn't imagine going from an LCR down to that, you must have hated losing all those lovely horses and pulling power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
Aye I was over 100bhp down, with hindsight it was mistake but hey you gotta try these things and see for yourself. Still miss the LCR but the FR is a fair enough compromise, still got a good amount of power and spec but without the insane fuel consumption of the LCR! Lol

JackoFR

Jan 14, 2015
Manchester
Yeah definitely mate, you'll probably be a lot happier now. I'm glad I made the jump, I replaced mine with a Ibiza fr pd130 and much much happier, especially with the torque, ride quality isn't as good and maybe a few more rattles but more smiles all round in the past 3 weeks of ownership. I think Seats are much better to look at too

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
I do like the new Fiesta ST but can't afford one right now. Having such a good experience with the Mk1 leon is what swayed me to the mk2, trying to resist remapping it now lol

JackoFR

Jan 14, 2015
Manchester
Hahaha, it's like a bug that just grips you and never leaves! Constantly thinking about what to do next. Any other plans aside from mapping?

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
I'd like the LCR roof spoiler for it, smarten up the read end, possibly a Triple R rear diffuser and I only have the 17" standard alloys so looking into getting the 18" ibera alloys.

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
Welcome back mate. You should get the cupra r rear diffuser then just change the rear silencer. I thought all the FL FR's came with the Ibera alloys?

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
No they were an option, 17s came standard! That's a good idea actually, take it I can just but the silencer and keep the rest of the exhaust or do I need to change the whole system?

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
No they were an option, 17s came standard! That's a good idea actually, take it I can just but the silencer and keep the rest of the exhaust or do I need to change the whole system?

No you can just change the silencer but then it deletes your silencer as the cupra is just a straight pipe at the rear I am sure. Also the bore will be different from the FR and cupra so you would need a stepped sleeve or just get a full system. I was quoted £360 from down pipe back custom made which is not too bad.