New Owner

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
Hi any Freetrack owners on here,
I've been lurking for a while getting to know about the xl/freetrack and what I'd like to add to make the car a keeper once I could find the right one, after 12 months of searching I purchased a low mileage,68k, fully historied Tfsi Freetrack in October. So far I've added 3k to the mileage at an average of 30.7mpg.

As it will be my daily and bi annual euro cruiser I'm currently getting it up to scratch ,for personal piece of mind, so I can extract some extra oomph from it over the next few months before cosmetic,ambience upgrades.

Since purchasing it's had an engine and haldex service. I've also had the cam follower and DV+ from awesome gti fitted. Next week it's in for a cambelt & waterpump change , its going to SEAT for that as part of their fixed price servicing as I couldn't find an independent that was looking forward to doing it. While there they will service the aircon as it's definitely not working to full capacity.
Once all that is done I'm back to Awesome for R8 coilpack and new sparkplugs , and to REVO for an intake. Just waiting on Nathan from Wagonworx to contact me about a remap so it'll be ready for an Easter eurotrip.

I've had the sticking doorlock problem but thanks to a post on here I followed the youtube 'how to' of drill and spray into the mechanism , so far so good - the 3 I've done are now working fine. I did however use silicon spray and not wd40 as the youtuber.

I have a list of to do's but they will only be when the funds allow.

Really enjoying the car , looks are very divisive but it fits my needs 95%.

Last edited:

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
So today it's had these parts fitted. Spark plugs, r8 coils , updated pcv breather kit and propshaft coupling joint. Definitely worth doing as the drive is so much smoother. I also replaced the cabin filter which looked like it could have been the original.

Put the Revo intake on hold for now as the ecu goes into lockdown when connected to be mapped.

Since last service its used 1.5l of oil in 4k miles. My daily commute is 18 miles each way , mix 60/40 m'way/B roads.

parts.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.