New SEAT owner in Scotland!!

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
Hello to everyone. Recently just bought my first SEAT which is a 2011 SEAT Leon FR+. By far the best car I have owned and have a few plans to make it my own. Anyway hope to get to know a few of yous and hopefully exchange knowledge and experiences with each other as that's why most of us are here. I will upload a few pictures of the car when I can.

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
Welcome to SCN mate hope you enjoy your new motor
Cheers mate. I am enjoying it so far. Only had it 4 weeks tomorrow and done just over 1000 miles and no problems other than the tyre pressure warning on the dash. Turned out just to be the difference of 2psi in one tyre so no hastle lol.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
How you enjoing your car then? Any issues with it? I have the common water ingress into the engine bay from the plastic bonnet panel :(

Only fault I have had is the gearbox warning, which loads of owners have had, it is actually some sensor and switching off and on fixes it. As it has only happened once in the 6 months I have had the car, haven't taken it to dealer yet.

Last edited:

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
Only fault I have had is the gearbox warning, which loads of owners have had, it is actually some sensor and switching off and on fixes it. As it has only happened once in the 6 months I have had the car, haven't taken it to dealer yet.

Surely it should be a recall by SEAT if so many people have had the warning. It may be temporarily solved by switching the vehicle on and off but after spending the amount of money for the car for this to happen I would be a bit upset.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
I did have this gearbox warn flash up once. didn't know that turning off and on again fixed it. I turned off and phoned the dealer, had to move the car while waiting for answer and message had gone....never came back.
what sensor is it?

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
West of Scotland, Balloch Loch Lomond. Not as much as my previous LCR but aye it's a good car, as always the modding bug is starting to kick in.

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
West of Scotland, Balloch Loch Lomond. Not as much as my previous LCR but aye it's a good car, as always the modding bug is starting to kick in.

Was it a mk1 LCR you had? I know what you mean with the modding bug. I have a mk2 saxo and have spent stupid money on it lol.

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
Yeah mk1 LCR, to date best car I've ever had! Trying to be sensible with the FR but not sure how long that will last lol

I know what you mean. Do I get DPF and EGR removed and get exhaust and remap? Or turbo the saxo and leave the leon standard for now :/ decisions decisions.

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
DPF and erg delete then map her mate you won't be disappointed I'm sure ;)

Plus as you said the saxo has had a lot of money spent so treat the Leon to what she deserves lol

Haha it is tempting but the leon is my daily and has to be practical for my new born baby and work. would a stage 2 map be impractical ? :) lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members