New to group.

Aug 28, 2020
North Wales
Hi all,

picked up my new Seat Leon Cupra 290 on Monday and was just wondering what your opinions were of running in these cars?
Mileage etc.

would be grateful to see all your thoughts.

?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Congrats on the new car!

I did 1000 normalish miles to make sure, as mines a lease I wanted to make sure I didn't break anything long term by gunning it straight away lol

My 2 pence anyway haha

Reactions: Ado1990

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Brill thanks a lot for this.... I’ve had mixed opinions from mates ranging from 500-1000 miles then some saying new cars no longer need running in. ?
I went for the max that I could find with a fair amount of people that agree, I went with the thought that it couldn't do any harm lol there maybe merit to all choices you mentioned but it made me feel better haha

You'll find you won't need to bomb it round to enjoy the 290. You've got plenty of tech to get sorted and used to haha I did my first 1000 miles in just under 2 months so wasn't long to wait

Aug 28, 2020
North Wales
Perfect! Mileage is increasing nicely towards that already haha. Can’t stop driving it. When I looked into the car I couldn’t believe how much tech/spec you get for the money!

Do you find more exhaust noise in Sport rather than Cupra mode?
Been playing with different modes today and found in sport it pops/bangs quite a lot!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Perfect! Mileage is increasing nicely towards that already haha. Can’t stop driving it. When I looked into the car I couldn’t believe how much tech/spec you get for the money!

Do you find more exhaust noise in Sport rather than Cupra mode?
Been playing with different modes today and found in sport it pops/bangs quite a lot!
If I'm honest I only really recently listened to the exhaust when I didn't have music on haha I only tried it in Cupra mode and it popped a bit so I'll try sport at some point. The car has an amazing spec I think coming from a mk2 Cupra R lol smiles per miles are quite high.

We cannot be held responsible for anything you read on the forum that makes you bankrupt haha

Aug 28, 2020
North Wales
Lol! Thanks for your help/opinions on this mate! Spot on ?

Like I said when I put it in Sport today you could hear the bangs/pops.
Seen a lot saying they do get louder the more mileage you put on the car!

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Lol! Thanks for your help/opinions on this mate! Spot on ?

Like I said when I put it in Sport today you could hear the bangs/pops.
Seen a lot saying they do get louder the more mileage you put on the car!
Not a problem that's what the forum is here for. Enjoy it buddy she's a beaut! Also before she gets too dirty with tar etc you may want to get her cleaned properly and get the paint covered early with whatever is your detailing goodness is as it should keep it better nick later down the line lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.