New Toledo. Should I buy it or not?

Magic

Hello guys! :harhar:

As you see, I am a new member. :thumbup: I went to a Seat dealer a few days ago and I liked the new Toledo. :clap: When I did a search on the web, I didn't see much positive comments on that car. :-o

So guys,

What are your latest comments on this car? :worship:

Regards, :cheers:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
the previous incarnations have had near suicidle depreciation - so there's no reason why this should be any different - which is OK if you plan on having the car for a 4/5 years / do lots of miles

There should be more than a few demo's available as all the dealers had to buy one I think

Mark

Magic

How many months? :idea: I don't have any information about the new Leon, is that a small car? :confused: And very better than the new Toledo? [B)]

Magic

Thank you. :thumbup:

leon_june19_t.jpg

leon_june20_t.jpg

Which one is the inside of car?

Magic

When I saw it at the dealer, it looked like a jeep, huge space. Inside seems luxury to me. I like the car but nobody likes it. In Turkey, there are not much people driving it and I would be very happy to have a car like that but also I don't want to people say bad things about my car. That new leon looks like a normal car and seems little than toledo.

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Had a cheap-as-they-come Toledo 1.6 as a courtesy car a few weeks ago and whilst it was obviously slower and not as well equipped as my Altea Sport TDI it was still a really great drive. Apart from the boot out back its an Altea through and through and if you need the space, the Toledo has bags of it. I would avoid the 1.6 unless its just for town use because it really has its work cut out in the heavy Tolledo but the 2.0 and TDIs are fine. Talking to people at work, neighbours etc who are not into cars in the way that I am was quite suprising because nearly all of them liked the looks and they were all amazed at the space inside it. I say if you like it, get it! :)

Magic

I think I will wait for the new leon because of this all negative reviews on this car. I want to see the new leon than I will choose my fav. car.

Thanks for your opinions guys!

redv5

Sep 3, 2002
Hampshire
Magic said:
I think I will wait for the new leon because of this all negative reviews on this car. I want to see the new leon than I will choose my fav. car.

Thanks for your opinions guys!

I'd avoid the whole SEAT range after this years experiences. Over £800 in 6 month.

If you read the threads you can easily identify a list of expensive items that seem to need regular replacement.

redv5

Sep 3, 2002
Hampshire
No.
It's a 6 year old car. I'm spending more on it than I did with previous cars at the same age.

I'm trying to warn that SEATS are expensive in long term maintenance costs.

I'm just waiting for thew coil packs to go next. :(

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Thats a fiar bit of cash depending on what you had to replace.. if that includes service, brakes and tyres and the work being done by a main dealer then...

Depends how the last owner treated it too I suppose:(

Still mine is holding up better than the Clio I used to have, man parts and servicing were expensive on that!

Hopefully thats your fixed up for the next few years though and you can amortize the 800 quid over that time;)

The New Toledo has really grown on me. I love the Altea and of course the Toledo is identical upto the C-pillar with a bigger, Vel Satis style boot attached.

The side view in the picture doesn't do the car justice, it looks laods better in the flesh.

I think the more we see around, people will start to 'accept' it more.

Basically, if you liked the Toledo but are worried that people won't like the look of it, buy an Altea!

ALTEA

No.
It's a 6 year old car. I'm spending more on it than I did with previous cars at the same age.

I'm trying to warn that SEATS are expensive in long term maintenance costs.

I'm just waiting for thew coil packs to go next. :(

Sounds like you've had some bad luck there. I've been driving seats for nearly 10 years and each of them hve been good cars and never cost me that sort of money, I covered 90k in my leon and not a days trouble just regular servicing.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
and they're all completly new cars now :confused:

I fail to see the link between a question about the new Toledo and a 6 year old ... whatever it is. But that's probably best left there.

I really like the look of the new Toledo ... and my Toledo, the silver one anyway, was bought because it was cheap to purchase and insure - not cos I'm particularly a fan of big bottoms :blink:

Leon (mk1) looks great, both recent Toledo's look pretty good, but the Altea just looks like it's got something missing :( or it's been rear-ended

I don't think you can go wrong whichever model you choose, you just need to find which one meets your needs best

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise