New tyres question?

seatrookie

So, we've just done 29000 miles and need new front tyres. I've got a quote from blackcircles.com of almost £220 for both fronts fully fitted:-o . Anyone got any advice for me? I don't drive the car particularly hard, but don't really want tyres that are rubbish. We have Bridgestone ER300 (205/55/R16/91V) currently. I think these may well be runflats (which is fine). I don't have vast amounts of cash to spare on tyres, but need to sort it soon ... help anyone, please :help:

Would their "value choice" at just over £110 for the pair REALLY be so bad?

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire
My advice is buy the best you can afford. I originally had Pirreli P7's fitted from the factory, 225/45/17 W, which covered 14K with a tuning box fitted on the car. The second set were P6000 on a V rating. They managed 10K without the car having the tuning box on. I only know the P6000 are £148 per corner so I dread to think how much the P7's are. Lease company gets the bill for mine and I dont think they were too impressed when I took the car in on Monday.
I must get my lead boots changed for some lighter shoes.

Rich

seatrookie

Update - I got the same as we currently have from mytyres.co.uk - £133 for the pair, then £22 to get them fitted at the local garage - fab deal!

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
29,000 miles - well done :) mine have just been replaced at 8600 miles - and that's with a DSG gearbox - i can't wheelspin much with this car!

I had dunlop SP sport 9000's on from factorym and they've been replaced with Dunlop SP sport Maxx's which i think will last even less as these have huge channels in them to divert rain water away = less rubber on road - they've also got rim protectors that project about twice as far over the lip of the alloys as the 9000's - there's about 8mm or rubber lip between the kerb and my alloys, which i suppose is a good thing :)

loadswine

loadswine
I changed my fronts at 12k and went for Goodyear F1s at around £100 each, these seem to be faring better than the Bridgestones it came with originally. Bearing in mind it has now been remapped and pulls like a train now, I don't think any tyre will give me more than 10 - 12 k on the fronts.
(17" wheels)

Tell

Staff member
What do we reckon on tyres then accepting the free advert above on order from Scotland etc....

I know one of you is using Michelin now, Loadswine is using Goodyear. Oh yeah Pirreli above and Dunlop + Bridgestone that 17" cars tend to come on.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise