New/Updated Model?

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I'd imagine that there will be a facelift in the next couple of years. The Ateca has just been facelifted this year, and that car debuted in 2016, and the Ibiza in 2017. Of course, Coronavirus could have long term implications and delay things!

Reactions: ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Was more hoping for a revised FR Sport with more on it like armrest, reversing camera, keyless entry etc

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I wouldn't imagine there will be much changing any time soon in that regard. I do think a 'tech pack' or 'lux pack' might have been something that the FR cars would have benefited from. I'd have gone for an FR with a 'lux pack' over the Xcellence Lux if that was available.

May 16, 2019
Hello, I took delivery of my Ibiza this time last year. A couple of weeks later 2020 MY changes were introduced - availability of Beats Audio, new Matt red colour etc. So there might be minor 2021 model year changes due. Checkout the Seat website press releases.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Those small model year changes are likely going to be affected by Covid. They're normally implemented in mid-May IIRC.

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Im not looking for much but would like some of the things you can get on the Excellence model i.e keyless entry and start, reversing camera etc. You can't even get this as an option.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Im not looking for much but would like some of the things you can get on the Excellence model i.e keyless entry and start, reversing camera etc. You can't even get this as an option.

The camera is pretty bad as the resolution is poor but I guess it’s better than nothing. Wouldn’t want to be without keyless on my FR though.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
If I could have specced a car 'a la carte' I'd have probably gone for an FR and added rear parking sensors, ACC, alcantara seats, armrest, and digital dash.

I like the KESSY, but I wouldn't pay the £320 that VW charge for it on the Polo. The front parking sensors and the reversing camera are both a waste of time IMO. The front sensors are just annoying, and while the camera is a nice to have, it's not worth paying for.

The reason I went for the Xcellence Lux was because I wanted the ACC on top of what the FR Sport offers.

loyalbear1872

May 2, 2018
A warm hatch offering would be nice too, Fiesta now going to have a 1.0 hybrid with 155 bhp, Clio Corsa and 208 all have 130 bhp variants.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
They need to bring back the 1.5 150PS engine IMO
But the only supermini that gets that engine now is the A1.

Reactions: IanH72