Newbie help

JeffM

Aug 18, 2016
Hi guys I've just joined the forum. I've taken the plunge and ordered myself a 5 door leon fr 1.8 tsi dsg. Delivery date is 21st October which seems ages away.
Ordered it in monsoon grey
Tech pack
Convenience pack
18inch alloys

Anyway my question is, do you get much turbo noise and exhaust noise from the 1.8 tsi engine? I'm asking as I test drove the 1.4 and the 2.0 diesel and both engines where as quiet as a mouse so I was wondering if the 1.8 has any more noise as stock?

You are probably asking why I didn't test drive the 1.8 and this is because the dealer was struggling to get hold of a 1.8 dsg so I test drove the other two cars and took a plunge on the 1.8 and from what I've been reading on this forum I won't regret it. Just hope the next 8 weeks or so hurry up.

Thanks for any help

Jeff

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
We are normally. But not driving a 1.8 I can't comment on your question. In any case , noise is subjective. What's noisy to one is quiet to another. You also need to find out if your model of choice is fitted with a 'soundacktor' . This can generate artificial 'noise' of an allegedly sporty nature. ( think head in a tin bucket being beaten with a stick) . It can be disabled by either unplugging it or via vag com.
You won't really know till you drive it.

JeffM

Aug 18, 2016
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have been reading about the sound actuator on here and seems like it's not too popular and personally I don't think I would like it either. I used to have a 1.8t audi s3 and my friend still has a 1.8t TT and both had a nice burble and turbo whoosh totally standard and I know some of the golf Gti's do from the factory so was just curious as to what the 1.8tsi sounded like.

PaoloB

Jul 10, 2016
Ordered an ST 1.8 DSG same spec last week in Alor Blue. Closest I managed to test drive was a 184 DSG as there were no 1.8's available anywhere near me. The only extra I'd thought about adding was Full Link but decided against it in the end.

Delivery wont be until November though.

JeffM

Aug 18, 2016
Nice choice of colour mate. I was torn between the blue or monsoon but my missus preferred the grey.

I must be mad but added the spoiler onto my order yesterday. £399 tho bit steep .

26th October is due date for mine but I'd add a few days of onto that.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.