Newbie (Leon 300)

Aug 9, 2020
Hi all newbie here!

Picking up my leon 300 on Tuesday, I noticed they went back to making the 290 due to the emissions I believe, I was just wondering how similar is the 300 to the 290s they went back to? In regards to parts if needed etc? Not very clued up on the leon’s so bare with me!

And what MPG are people getting on a sensible (ish) commute to work etc? i’m not worried about the MPG hence why i’m buying a cupra but just intrigued!

Thanks in advance all.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Welcome! you've got a beast of a car on the way :)

You won't have any worries about parts, little difference between the cars.

Re MPG I'm sure people have been discussing over in the Leon forum - worth having a search and saying hi to fellow owners there.

Cheers,

Scott

Aug 9, 2020
Welcome! you've got a beast of a car on the way :)

You won't have any worries about parts, little difference between the cars.

Re MPG I'm sure people have been discussing over in the Leon forum - worth having a search and saying hi to fellow owners there.

Cheers,

Scott

It sure felt that way on the test drive mate! Tuesday can’t come quick enough, and brilliant i’ll take a look, cheers :)

jdubya

May 30, 2017
South West
Hi Sean27, welcome to “the club” - I picked my Cupra 300 ST just a month ago and I am truly loving it - generally “around town” I’m seeing 32-33mpg (driving without too much gusto) and on a “long” run sitting at 70-80mph I’ve managed to achieve 38-39mpg. I’m more than happy with that as anything with 300bhp isn’t going to be truly economical as such so just sit back and enjoy the drive ??

Reactions: Sean27 and Syphon
Aug 9, 2020
Hi Sean27, welcome to “the club” - I picked my Cupra 300 ST just a month ago and I am truly loving it - generally “around town” I’m seeing 32-33mpg (driving without too much gusto) and on a “long” run sitting at 70-80mph I’ve managed to achieve 38-39mpg. I’m more than happy with that as anything with 300bhp isn’t going to be truly economical as such so just sit back and enjoy the drive ??

Brilliant cheers mate! And exactly as you say 300bhp you aren’t buying it for economical reasons, but appreciate the reply mate ??

Aug 9, 2020
Finally picked it up and treated to wind deflectors and it’s first wash and polish! I’m in love!
96371BAC-20E0-4510-8273-C460CB65E05A.jpeg

DOMINIC SELLY

lcupra300
Mar 30, 2019
Kidderminster
Finally picked it up and treated to wind deflectors and it’s first wash and polish! I’m in love!
View attachment 17546
Hi bro, car looks sweet! I also have a Manual Leon 300 3dr. I get around 30/37mpg just too and from work! Motorway can sometimes even hit 41+ if you don’t boot it lol.. what you got planned for it? Any mods? I recommend a res delete or even a full system! I have a scorpion exhaust and it’s made the car insane!

Attachments

• 04D455CF-D76A-4D13-9634-29BF980D70DE.jpeg
    04D455CF-D76A-4D13-9634-29BF980D70DE.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 627A8BF2-C711-44DE-98D8-0C4E5D682314.jpeg
    627A8BF2-C711-44DE-98D8-0C4E5D682314.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Sean27
Aug 9, 2020
Hi bro, car looks sweet! I also have a Manual Leon 300 3dr. I get around 30/37mpg just too and from work! Motorway can sometimes even hit 41+ if you don’t boot it lol.. what you got planned for it? Any mods? I recommend a res delete or even a full system! I have a scorpion exhaust and it’s made the car insane!

Cheers mate yours looks sweet too! Massive fan of that blue!

Got wind deflectors on and gotta order myself a splitter, and with the exhaust i think i’ll end up getting res delete but currently i do enjoy the sound and pops and bangs in cupra mode, need to get that sound aktor turned off though!

And cheers for the MPG, I’m hitting about 30-35 on the way to work which i’m more than happy with (depending how much i boot from traffic lights etc)

DOMINIC SELLY

lcupra300
Mar 30, 2019
Kidderminster
Cheers mate yours looks sweet too! Massive fan of that blue!

Got wind deflectors on and gotta order myself a splitter, and with the exhaust i think i’ll end up getting res delete but currently i do enjoy the sound and pops and bangs in cupra mode, need to get that sound aktor turned off though!

And cheers for the MPG, I’m hitting about 30-35 on the way to work which i’m more than happy with (depending how much i boot from traffic lights etc)
Thanks mate yeah I love the blue! Yeah get a splitter and diffuser put in for sure! Makes the car look so much better! As for the sound aktor, you are best buying a carista and turning it off! That’s what I did, or you can unplug it from under the bonnet. That’s good tbf! What year is it?

Reactions: Sean27
Aug 9, 2020
Thanks mate yeah I love the blue! Yeah get a splitter and diffuser put in for sure! Makes the car look so much better! As for the sound aktor, you are best buying a carista and turning it off! That’s what I did, or you can unplug it from under the bonnet. That’s good tbf! What year is it?

Yeah either that or when i take it for my service at Midland VW i was gonna ask them to turn it off, and 67 plate mate!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.