Newbie MK3 2.0 tdi FR 184bhp

ThatIrishGuy92

Jun 2, 2020
Hey guys,
Just wanted to say hi after I've got this yesterday,few bits planned but no rush yet. Dont know how I'm going to keep it clean tho!

Attachments

• Point Blur_Jun062020_130230.jpg
    Point Blur_Jun062020_130230.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 84
Reactions: Jay5959

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Welcome - nice choice of car and picture :)

I've personally not found white to be too bad to keep clean, but I've had them ceramic coated which does make it easier.

Enjoy the car and thanks for being part of the community!

Cheers,

Scott

ThatIrishGuy92

Jun 2, 2020
Welcome - nice choice of car and picture :)

I've personally not found white to be too bad to keep clean, but I've had them ceramic coated which does make it easier.

Enjoy the car and thanks for being part of the community!

Cheers,

Scott
Cheers Syphon,yeah I've heard ceramic coating might be the way to go so must have a look into it.

Reactions: Syphon

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Cheers Syphon,yeah I've heard ceramic coating might be the way to go so must have a look into it.
Welcome mate, hope you don’t mind me jumping in with my opinion but Ceramic Coatings definitely help. I put a single coat of chemical guys hydroslick on and more than impressed with it (only did a single coat as it needs a some more in-depth paint correction doing). There will be better products that experienced detailers will recommend but this stuff goes on like wax and buffs out really easily! Oh and that’s a nice looking fr mate, good choice on the engine too!

ThatIrishGuy92

Jun 2, 2020
Welcome mate, hope you don’t mind me jumping in with my opinion but Ceramic Coatings definitely help. I put a single coat of chemical guys hydroslick on and more than impressed with it (only did a single coat as it needs a some more in-depth paint correction doing). There will be better products that experienced detailers will recommend but this stuff goes on like wax and buffs out really easily! Oh and that’s a nice looking fr mate, good choice on the engine too!
Thanks mate, not sure whether I should do it myself with no experience or get it professionally done but its definitely gone to the top of my list. Appreciate the help

Reactions: Jay5959

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Thanks mate, not sure whether I should do it myself with no experience or get it professionally done but its definitely gone to the top of my list. Appreciate the help
Applying the ceramic is the easy part, could easily do that yourself. It depends how far prep/wise you want to go. Ceramic seals the paint but does not cover imperfections like scratches and swirl marks. But you have the best colour for clear coat scratches and swirl marks as they don’t show up anywhere near as bad as a black or grey car. At the very least you want to decontaminate the paint, get a tar and iron remover. Clay bar it and then polish. Then seal all that effort up for the next 12 months with the ceramic!

Reactions: ThatIrishGuy92
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.