Newbie saying hi! (With pictures!)

ayc1985

Jun 20, 2011
Hi everyone,

I just recently bought myself a Candy White Seat Ibiza Cupra last week.

It's a 2 month old Cupra spec with rear parking sensors. i have been looking at this thread since I was interested and i'm glad people share my love of all things good!

My past cars:

Vauxhall Astra
VW Scirocco TDI
VW Scirocco R

As you can see I traded in my Scirocco R for the Cupra, the ride is not as comfortable but i have a bit more fun in the Cupra!

I cannot submit any pictures yet, but I will in the future!

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Hi everyone,

I just recently bought myself a Candy White Seat Ibiza Cupra last week.

It's a 2 month old Cupra spec with rear parking sensors. i have been looking at this thread since I was interested and i'm glad people share my love of all things good!

My past cars:

Vauxhall Astra
VW Scirocco TDI
VW Scirocco R

As you can see I traded in my Scirocco R for the Cupra, the ride is not as comfortable but i have a bit more fun in the Cupra!

I cannot submit any pictures yet, but I will in the future!

:-o you chopped in a rocco r for the cupra???!!!!! Congrats on that mate hahahahaha. Where you based any ways? Can't wait to see the piccies.

ayc1985

Jun 20, 2011
I know, I know!

The R was the best car i've ever driven, unfortunately the high running costs and the fact I am looking for a house with the missus meant I needed something good looking, relatively cheap and with good power. I've always liked the new Ibiza SC's and it was a toss up between the Cupra and the Bocanegra.

On the positive side, my older bro bought the Scirocco off me and I still get to use it when he lets me :D.

I'm based in Wmbley, London but work from Reading and Cheltenham (hence the long journeys). I did my first 2 hr trip in the Cupra, very comfortable although I feel the bumps a lot more than anything I have ever driven. Opens up nicely on the straights too.

Last edited:

ayc1985

Jun 20, 2011
I went to play football in Alperton last night!, I don't live too far away, Harrow. Small world!

Also how bloody far away is the nearest SEAT dealer? I had to drive to Letchworth to buy my one, 30 miles. (theres one in St Albans - 12 miles)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
yeah, west london seat is aboutr the nearest mate. I got mine from M1 before they shut down. You got as personal plate on your motor?

ayc1985

Jun 20, 2011
I have a personal plate on retention but the one I have still has it's 11 plate so I'll enjoy it until it gets old lol.

I see you have all the extra options on the car, what does the remap take the bhp and 0-60 times to?

I had xenons, racing brakes etc on the R, are they good on the Ibiza?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
They worth every penny mate. i test drobe a boc with standard brakes and after that was glad I ordered the race brakes. Xenons are awesome too mate. Will see what my 0-60 times are on Sunday at Bruntingthorpe proving ground as it's GTI international but hoping to acheive about 6 secs and 13.6 1/4.

ayc1985

Jun 20, 2011
wow 6 seconds would be awesome on a car this size. I think the R was 5.5 and because it was so wide and leisurely it never felt that fast!

I wish I could have specced the additional stuff like xenons and racing brakes but I never bought it new. Oh well next time maybe.

Only a few mroe posts to go and I can put pics lol, what a stupid rule.

ayc1985

Jun 20, 2011
I just had a look, unfortunately it's a bit too short notice for this weekend as I already have plans!, is this a regular occurance?

ayc1985

Jun 20, 2011
Photos are up now I have 15 posts!

GkqB5.jpg

0oeQ7.jpg

VZhG0.jpg

And one next to my old car/bro's car!

TnFpy.jpg

ayc1985

Jun 20, 2011
Unfortunately it cost too much to run and in turn cost me about 4k for 8 months ownership, I had a lot of fun in it and will look to buy it back at some point in the future. It's only my brother who is "looking after it" for me now anyway!

The cupra is going well, I have put 800 miles on it already and it never gets boring, it's a very fun little car.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.