Nice sounding diesel

Bclowes86

Aug 3, 2012
Heard a golf mk4 diesel go past on a 52 reg earlier and when he booted it it sounded unbelievable . Not exhaust sound engine sound and had a nice dump to it. How is this possible want my Leon to sound like it

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Yeh take off the cat and back box and you tend to get the dump valve sort of noise and a bit of roar. Check it out on youtube.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Good exhaust system and to create a nice dump sound u could fit something like a nice cone filter becaus u get a lovly turbo flutter sound which sounds lush well I think it does any way lol

Bclowes86

Aug 3, 2012
That sounds wicked that's what the golf sounded like. Would that pass an not and where would you buy pipes to do that Job

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Does sound nice,not sure bout mot if anything might fail on noise level but alot of petrols are louder.
As for the exhaust pipe would be easy to have made

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
"Nice" must be subjective as that to me sounds like the hoards of tractors which pootle up and down the lane all day here.

Of course if by "nice" you actually mean "loud" then yes, it sounds "loud".

I've owned diesels for nearly 10yrs now so used to the diesel sound,got a nice deep throaty sound

paradigm

I hate the orange game!
My last car was a 2003 BMW 330d, with a nice grunty 6-pot diesel sound (coupled to a decent exhuast). It however did not need to sound like a John Deere couple to a scaffolding pipe in order to achieve the noise.

Most of the grunty throaty noise came from the induction and engine as opposed to an overly-loud exhaust.

EDIT: It sounded similar to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjle6z2z-uA&feature=related

Last edited:

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
My last car was a 2003 BMW 330d, with a nice grunty 6-pot diesel sound (coupled to a decent exhuast). It however did not need to sound like a John Deere couple to a scaffolding pipe in order to achieve the noise.

Most of the grunty throaty noise came from the induction and engine as opposed to an overly-loud exhaust.

EDIT: It sounded similar to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjle6z2z-uA&feature=related

Can't beat the sound of a V6 diesel,i test drove a 2.5tdi V6 Audi A4,fell in love with the sound of it but then i had to come back to reality

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Blah blah blah, tdi's are doss and personally unless you've got like a V8 petrol I'm not interested in the sound of it. Piddly little 4 pot petrols sound kak to me, like a flippin annoying fly :p

Jan 21, 2012
my 4 cyl petrol sounds better than your 4cyl diesel, thats a promise.

my brothers ibiza sounds nice for a diesel on the move, stationary its just a bit loud but on the move it sounds like a jet!

he's got a PD160 ibiza with a gtb2260vk couple to an exhaust with no boxes or cat made by piper.

btw it recently passed an mot with no issue with regards to exhaust

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.