No "Lights On" Warning Buzzer - Maybe A Stupid Question

Toff

Apr 13, 2009
Nottingham
I picked up my Leon Yesterday and forgot to turn off the lights when I got out but didn't get the usual warning buzzer sounding, instead I noticed that the headlights and taillights went off automatically when the ignition was turned off. I assume this is normal and not a setting I need to change? I've got the LED headlights if that makes any difference.

Cheers

Toff

Apr 13, 2009
Nottingham
Cheers for that. I suppose it's a good thing, just seemed a bit strange after all these years of driving and getting buzzed at - no mention of it in the handbook either

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I picked up my Leon Yesterday and forgot to turn off the lights when I got out but didn't get the usual warning buzzer sounding, instead I noticed that the headlights and taillights went off automatically when the ignition was turned off. I assume this is normal and not a setting I need to change? I've got the LED headlights if that makes any difference.

Cheers

That's the auto position, that gives you that light delay and coming on when you unlock the car in the morning (if it's dark) called "coming home" in the handbook I think. If you turn the light switch to the off position, you don't get this stupid light on and off procedure (unless your afraid of the dark):lol:

Toff

Apr 13, 2009
Nottingham
That's the auto position, that gives you that light delay and coming on when you unlock the car in the morning (if it's dark) called "coming home" in the handbook I think. If you turn the light switch to the off position, you don't get this stupid light on and off procedure (unless your afraid of the dark):lol:

I haven't got the auto lights option

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
Nope. not Cupra only. My FR has the coming home feature. Found out if you lock it, then unlock and lock it again the lights go off.

Doesn't bother me though, quite amusing when I chap said I'd left my lights on, timed perectly I just said lights off and they went off, he was gobsmacked as I walked away. :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.