No power to radio 2015 fr

May 19, 2020
Hi I’ve only owned my 2015 Ibiza fr a few weeks but My radio randomly powered off when at 3/4 volume and now won’t turn back on. I looked in my owners manual for fuse layout however it doesn’t show any. So checked all my fuses next to footwell manually and also checked the fuse on the back of the radio... still nothing. Bought a used original radio off eBay that arrived today, plugged it all in, still no power. I don’t own multimeter and have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciated cheers.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that you should buy a cheapish multimeter as these things have so many uses around the car and house.

I am guessing that that new to you used "radio" will need its CP or Component Protection removed and get it assigned to your car, this will delete your original "radio" so you would to get its CP removed if it was okay and the fault somewhere else.

Have you tried the "good old" hard reset, ie press and hold the ON/OFF switch for quite a few seconds, I'd think that you should try it on the original "radio" first.

May 19, 2020
I think that you should buy a cheapish multimeter as these things have so many uses around the car and house.

I am guessing that that new to you used "radio" will need its CP or Component Protection removed and get it assigned to your car, this will delete your original "radio" so you would to get its CP removed if it was okay and the fault somewhere else.

Have you tried the "good old" hard reset, ie press and hold the ON/OFF switch for quite a few seconds, I'd think that you should try it on the original "radio" first.
Yeah tried the Hard reset a few times but does nothing. Also, with the CP... does that have to be done by a dealer? As soon as I put the “new” head unit in and it didn’t do anything, I put my original back in.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Ok mate bit too far. What I would do if you can is take the old headunit out find the power cable and check it for a live. Then if it doesn’t have power I’d use a continuity meter from the wire from the back of the head unit to the fuse box and check there isn’t a break in the wire. Do you have any sparky mates? They’ll have that kinda gear?

May 19, 2020
Ok mate bit too far. What I would do if you can is take the old headunit out find the power cable and check it for a live. Then if it doesn’t have power I’d use a continuity meter from the wire from the back of the head unit to the fuse box and check there isn’t a break in the wire. Do you have any sparky mates? They’ll have that kinda gear?
Okay mate cheers for your help, yeah I do have a mate but he can’t take a look until lockdown is over for obvious reasons :)