No tinfoil hats here.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Just decided on friday to step away from the news for a few days. Not watched any on the tv this weekend and turned the radio down for 5 minutes on the hour in my lorry. May carry it on for a few days next week too.
Just wondered if anyone else steps away from the doom and gloom of the news once in a while?
Did it before about a year ago for a week or so.
It works for me 🙂

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I often fall asleep after tea just a sthe news starts so don't see much, if it was really important I'm sure the boss woiuld tell me if she remembered, now if I could step away from the internet for a week or two that would be good too.

I do not watch TV news anymore. Too much is speculation and repetition. I'll have the radio on while working but generally tune out news, if I hear of something that interests me, I'll look online. For me, it's not doom and gloom that is the problem, because essentially that's all there is- I just don't want to hear endless speculation and the same rubbish over and over again.

May 2, 2021
Climate crisis
Illegal immigration crisis
Fuel crisis
Belarus/Poland border crisis
Afghanistan crisis
Ethiopia civil war crisis
NHS crisis

Have I missed any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Just decided on friday to step away from the news for a few days. Not watched any on the tv this weekend and turned the radio down for 5 minutes on the hour in my lorry. May carry it on for a few days next week too.
Just wondered if anyone else steps away from the doom and gloom of the news once in a while?
Did it before about a year ago for a week or so.
It works for me 🙂
Absolutely, I think as a society we have to or end up going a bit nuts TBF. Often just switch everything off and maybe read a book.
The best place I have experienced complete and utter peace is when myself and the boss go up the Cairngorms, phones off and just us and the wind. Think I’ll get packing again.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Fishing for me. I live 5 minutes walk from a section of the River Ouse.
May have to get down there very soon.

Reactions: jcbmally
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.