Noise when wheels are pointing straight

Sep 16, 2020
I've recently noticed a noise when going straight, starting from around 25mph. Soon as you turn a little left it disappears less so when turning right but still disappears. Can't hear it externally (window down) but I still have wind noise to contend with.

Feels like it's driver side and the brake disc heat shield has been removed on that side and it hasn't helped, it was held on by two bolts so it was coming off anyway.

It sounds like air/wind noise when in the cabin rather than a metal on metal grinding noise. Any ideas? It's a 65 1.4 FR ST just over 32k miles.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Could be a bad tyre. I had a tyre with a twist in it which sounded like that. Try swapping the wheel to the front and see if the noise moves.

Sep 16, 2020
Could be a bad tyre. I had a tyre with a twist in it which sounded like that. Try swapping the wheel to the front and see if the noise moves.
Gave that a whirl just now, moved wheels front to back. No dice. Same consistent noise, it’s not loud at all I just know it’s there every time I move the wheel!
Will get it up on a friends ramp soon, should make it easier to diagnose hopefully

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise