Nos

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
The voices in my head are trying to talk me into having NOS fitted to my Audi while i have the head,cams and injectors done. Anyone have any views as to weather i should or shouldn`t do this? More importantly i would like as much info as possible on the subject as in which are the better brands to have, what i would need in the kit, any recommendations of good companies to get stuff from and finally how much is it likely to cost? :)

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
JBS do a kit for around £1100. (With a progressive controller which is the safety aspect and IMO needed)

It is very good and does make a good difference, okay its not there all the time but that is the good thing as you dont strain the engine transmission every day, just now and again lol.

I have had mine fitted for a while now, about 18mths and the car is still going strong! 50hp jetting made about a 100lbft increase so it is a big bang for your buck.

It gets a lot of bad press due to idiots that fit it incorrectly, running too large jets (bhp) for the transmission and running it in a fixed hit! Its usually cheap american kits that go wrong!

With JBS they will optomise it for you so its a very safe system to use! It is a WON kit (Wizards of nos) which is the best nitrous company in the UK with 30yrs of experience!

caney

Apr 24, 2005
fully agree with mitch but as we've both found out to our cost......it will eventually kill your clutch as it creates a lot of torque:-o

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
He doesnt get on with JBS then? LOL :D

He can go direct to wizards of nos for the kit. They are based in doncaster and can also fit the kit aswell!

There are many kits around in the UK, im only saying WON as that is the kit i use and can vouch it is a good kit and hasnt let me down!

Last edited:

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
fully agree with mitch but as we've both found out to our cost......it will eventually kill your clutch as it creates a lot of torque:-o

Yes i would set aside some money for a clutch if your planning on doing it. In the end, it will start slipping with so much torque:D

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I would imagine with the other mods that are already on the list, an improved clutch would be on the cards anyway... ?

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
IMHO NOS is good if you own a petrol,,, diesel means LPG for me,,, much cheaper and good results [ok, might not be as good as NOS but still quite effective].

You already used LPG on the beeza mickey [IIRC] so I don't think it needs any introduction to you,,,

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Have to agree, LPG injection mix seems to be the cheaper and easy route for a diesel.... Was speaking to JBS about a kit for my Leon being fitted along with the hybird turbo and injectors...

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
is this too get your magic 300bhp... p.s what happening to your cams? more revs? or more low down power! lol

doensn't re profiling make idling bad... has it been done before on a 2.0 tdi?

and are you porting/polishing your head? suppose the air will flow a bit better.

nos don't bother imo it'll just rip your transmission to shreads and you have plenty of torque already. 339lb torque is more than enough.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
I think the cams are there to improve valve lift,,, more revs in a diesel don't make much sense to me,,,

Head re-working is always worth even if we're talking turbo cars imho,,, to this point, once the head is off and reworked, I'd also think of getting bigger valves [supposing there's something out there on the market for this purpose,,,]

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Just for the record i don`t have any problems with the people that work for JBS plus Kev is a great mechanic that i would be happy to have work on my car. <snip>

@ Stoneyford Yes i have been working overtime.Did 95 hours after breaks this week.:blink:

@ Basstard Who said i wasn`t fitting the propane at the same time. :whistle:

@ redcupratdi Head is already ported and polished. Nobody has done 2.0 PD cams before and there are very few 1.9 PD cams been made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.