OBD not reading

Nov 18, 2020
Hi

Has anyone had any issues with the seat Ibiza not connecting with an OBD reader.

It's an Ibiza 2008 6j 1.4 BXW

I have an OBD reader nothing too special but it always works on different cars but it won't connect with the Ibiza, I have tried a friend's OBD and it's still the same.

Is there a common problem with the Ibiza with this.

Thanks for any help.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I would have thought at that age of car with that engine/ECU that you would be able to connect to it but only read basic mainly emissions related fault codes.

I've only ever used VAG specific scan tools including a quite basic one which is no longer available from Gendan.

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
I'm with RUM on this one. seems very strange. As neither your device nor your friends managed to connect I would be suspicious of the OBD socket in the car. have you had a careful look inside the car's OBD port with a bright light, just in case there is damage to one of the connectors? I'm guessing the two of you have different makes of reader? If you can't find anything obvious why not give Gendan a ring: https://www.gendan.co.uk/contactus.php They are very friendly and helpful and I'm sure they would know if your particular device was known to experience problems.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.