Tell

OBDeleven Tool for VCDS type of activity... working ones for the Ateca

Tell

Staff member
I had a feeling that the touch was equivalent to the keyfod button press but having Kessy I can't test. These variations in VAG models just give distance in the brands but twigging VCDS coding you get back to the same... but don't say it too loud since Seat is suppose to be the discount brand for the boy racers not the connoisseur of car looks.

Deleted member 103408

thats me (boy racer) but I also like all the features upgraded, I will keep working on it so that they only open when you turn ignition on.

fenrik

Jul 14, 2018
Sure that's not post #5 on this thread. I use it all the time but never tried it with the engine running mind you. The default Ateca locking I found time wasting and frustrating. Having to wait that extra time to hold on and if holding bags awkwardly between where you parked up.... Much better to do a one touch lock, mirrors in and walk off :).

Well, it is like post #5 but with one extra coding...so the mirrors unfolds when you start the engine, not when you open/unlock the door.

Ir a Módulo 09 Centralita electrónica
Entrar en Spiegelverstellung
En Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus, poner valor "by look command via remote control key"
En Funk Spiegelanklappen, poner valor "Activado"
En Menusteuerung Funk Spiegel anklappen, poner valor "Activado"
Si quieres que se desplieguen al pulsar el contacto, en vez de al abrir del mando/puerta (Gracias a HandyMan)
En Signalisierung_Spiegelanklappung , poner valor "No Activado"
Confirmar, código 31347

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/2551/mirror-fold-unfold-ignition#ixzz5O09Fp54o

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Ah, I read that on the Spanish Ateca site as I recall. Thats one for TheOldBoy...if you search hard enough and spends days researching it and it's on other VAG cars working, you'll get it in the end that's if it's the same series, we're on 5F here ... my understanding.

I'm going to continue my search to get a full upgrade on the Plus navigation... but think I'm the only one on this.

Tell

Staff member
Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)

The latest Ateca's do not have TSR as an option, if you do have Lane Assist you can turn on TSR. The software already exists in the car. This option will be of interest to Xcellence Lux people or Ateca people with Lane Assist but not TSR enabled.

OBDEleven does have a micro payment app which turn it on, although in 2017 this app did not work so normal "long coding" can be used and toggling the adaption screen. We follow the Spanish Seat Club forums post on this supplemented with images from my built in one so as to show how it looks.

https://www.clubseatateca.com/threa...deleven-procesos-verificados.2417/#post-98523

Translated:

CONTRIBUTED BY @RaulKO :

RECOGNITION OF TRAFFIC SIGNALS

Before proceeding, it is highly recommended to make backups of the modules to be touched, which are: A5, 5F and 17

We access the A5 module and go to Coding , Bytes mode . (Front Sensor Driver Assist)

In Byte 16 we activate bit 4.

8OhO8y0.png

We accept the change and then access the 5F module , adaptation.

(Note access code to save changes 20103 for A5, 5F)

TyZIgfl.png

In via the Adaptions option...

We enter the Adaptation option Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 and activate the following parameters :

menu_display_road_sign_identification and menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_threshold_high

FRak5fv.png

jilob1K.png

We accept the change and enter the option Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2 Adaptation , where we activate the following parameter:

traffic_sign_recognition_0x21

RuvxGaS.png

Now we look for the option traffic_sign_recognition_0x21_msg_bus and we give it the Databus Infotainment value (the text may vary depending on the language, but it is what it says is the Infotainment bus)

[image as above... uses the bus number as used elsewhere 15 in my case]

We accept the change and, finally, we access the module 17 (dash board)

Inside Coding, Bytes mode, in Byte 5 we activate bit 2.

[Confirm, code 25327]

4ESGDWe.png

As soon as we confirm the change, we will see that the compass in the FIS has moved to the lower left zone, leaving the upper central zone free in the FIS.

I recommend restarting the Infotainment (press +10 seconds the power button) so that the configuration option under Car-> Assistance to the driver is refreshed.

See manual for adjustments once enabled. Pages attached below of the Ateca July 2019 manual on TSR.

8cyoXWd.png

S5tMjLa.png

For VCDS see discussion on this:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/tsr-xcellence-lux.447779/

Note West European Vehicles

For non West European vehicles the navigation maps do not support TSR, however there is a workaround covered in this thread. Good for where TSR is not sold but you have lane assist with the correct camera and period where the fix works, see and follow the links.

The digital maps work hand in hand with the camera but can be toggled off to make it work. Relevant to Australia, NZ, parts of East Europe etc. Removes the error. See links.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191130-122250.png
    Screenshot_20191130-122250.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 278
  • Screenshot_20191130-122305.png
    Screenshot_20191130-122305.png
    1 MB · Views: 269
  • Screenshot_20191130-122320.png
    Screenshot_20191130-122320.png
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Savage

Nov 12, 2019
Many thanks or posting Tell, I have the OBDeleven from my Skoda ownership days, so this thread may become useful (although I don't think there is much needs doing other than potential fault reading, as the Ateca is virtually fully loaded).

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Cancelling stop / start is the number one use I make of it plus mirrors in on one touch. 2017 models you had to hang about 2-3 seconds holding the Kessy stud till they came in. That is now part of the menu system like the Arona so I'm told so you can change that behaviour. Stop / start in a DSG I find just too dangerous since you forget to manually turn it off, hit the first round about when it's warmed up and it's stopped when you want to get away. In a manual clutch activity restarts it or some DSG drivers twist the steering wheel to restart it - never a good idea to turn the wheels if not moving. Element of old dog new tricks on stop start ;).

Left hand mirror drop some people find useful although with the motor / sensor fitting you do have to correct it from time to time. I got 360 so don't have a use for that.

Traffic sign recognition is very good and came as part of the land assist option in 2017. Got dropped out of the recent options but can be turned on. Last set of instructions provided. There are a few detractors of TSR but I find it works very well. Handy for road works, variable speed cameras and where developments change speed limits. With TSR you can set an audible warning when exceeding the road speed as defined by the mapping system / sign recognition. Worth it's money in gold although it's sold now turned off with lane assist - uses the camera.

Then of course you have the infotainment errors you create by twiddling with the maps incorrectly that you can clear yourself. Understanding how the cars parameters are set, any other customisation, like closing the panoramic roof on one touch with the windows if you don't have kids or animals. That's more for people living abroad that have everything open.

Lastly monitoring the cars health as you say. You get to know the rubbish errors that don't amount too much which dealers ignore. The only real error I've had was with the heated mirror not plugged in at delivery leaving an open circuit. Says a lot for pre deliver checks.

Savage

Nov 12, 2019
Hi yes, Stop start is something I am in the habit of turning off every time I start the car, I tend not to deactivate it via OBD as if I have to travel on the M25 it can come in handy to turn it on ;)
I should have TSR as standard, maps I shouldn't need to touch apart from possibly adding speed camera POI if nothing is on the standard system.

Reactions: Tell

ChrisWXM

Sep 25, 2019
North East Wales, UK
Is there a way to disable the brake lights being on during auto hold. I don’t really want to be sitting at traffic lights and be blinding the driver behind me as that’s one thing that I really hate.

Apparently it was originally disabled but some bright spark decided to switch it on.

It would be great if it could be disabled using long coding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Is there a way to disable the brake lights being on during auto hold. I don’t really want to be sitting at traffic lights and be blinding the driver behind me as that’s one thing that I really hate.

Apparently it was originally disabled but some bright spark decided to switch it on.

It would be great if it could be disabled using long coding.

It did vary between DSG & Manual. On the other board (I call the misery boards, full of trolls etc) somebody was arguing with me over the behaviour. On 2017 my Ateca DSG help on parking brake on D it went out. So somebody then started to argue with me it didnt work like that - der I had the car. I did a bit of research and found the behaviour had changed on other VAG cars over I think over the history of Golfs. I wasn't convinced the squabbly lot had manuals with the clutch in or whatever.

Have you got your car yet ?. You send someone round the back or take a chance which is what I did with the reversing light bulb change photo. Think an engine surge would take it off the parking brake but never happended to me yet :).

Did a few Google's and yes people do ask how to alter it on other VAG cars since the behaviour is different to model and brand... Although I haven't found yet a reply. I keep away from mechanical stuff with the tool.

If you haven't got the car yet check it then after that can probably exchange settings on the systems. Some of the setting are brought out on the Adaption menu of Obdeleven which is a short cut to long coding. Might be a toggle or not configurable.

Did do a few Google's finding some people wanting to be able to change the configuration to brake lights off with parking break on but on non Seats (no solutions given). I did order mine with all options in 2016 which included three safety features. I'm wondering whether traffic assist has a bearing on it. If in 2016/17 some DSGs had the brake lights working differently it may be due to the options ordered. Traffic assist was mentioned in the non Seat threads. That's where it takes off again when the traffic starts to move. We'll see. But then again I wasnt sure it wasn't manual Ateca trolls on the other board.

On a related subject they did change the behaviour of Eco mode in DSG. Some people never shifted it out of Eco which is no good for diesel regeneration so I think on that basis they changed it so it forgets it was in Eco when you park up and walk off. Mine retains that setting, but I never use Eco :)... newer ones don't. This change went across petrol as well.

Last edited:

ChrisWXM

Sep 25, 2019
North East Wales, UK
Cheers for the reply, the car has been delayed in Grimsby but I’ve told the dealer I need it for next week so I am hoping it can be ready. I have a longish journey to make on the 24th and really could do with the Auto box by then. Can’t handle a manual anymore with my knee.

I will check to see what the brake lights are doing once I get it but I am pretty certain they will be coming in with auto hold :(

If the misery board is the same one I’m thinking of then there is one old bloke on there that has to throw his 2 pence worth in every conversation and it’s usually a negative style comment too. He had a lot of posts on there too so must have been in there a while.

Tell

Staff member
That will be the guy.... a fair few grumpy old men on there and a women with attitude . The owners of the board go for volume to get the advertising income rather than managing them ;). Fair few trolls on there.

I can post my Obdeleven "Brake1" parameters and yours and compare them to see what the differences are. You can download them. It might go outside of the Brake1 module into other units or might not be controllable.

I haven't driven a manual for 15 years now. I'd get in a mess.

Savage

Nov 12, 2019
Excellent, I have just inputted the chassis number into my OBD11 account and it looks like the few things I might want to do are available on the one touch purchase list for 10 credits. Fan speed display, fuel refuel quantity, DRL in Infotainment etc). I have 138 credits so that is a bonus :)
That's if they are not there already, my chassis no. tells me its MY20 car so it may have some of those already ….

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I code mine so I've ended up with 300 credits so far since it gives you some when you use it. In the past some of the micro payment app didn't work so buying the Pro license add on has it's benefits. It's a personal choice whether you want to use the macros or program it.

Saying programming, most is just menu toggles but sometimes the words are in German, other times English. In a few cases you do the bit / byte changes, mainly for passenger mirror down. The German is documented but you can take a snap shot and use Google image translate. In the thread Ive covered what I've done or people have done.

ChrisWXM

Sep 25, 2019
North East Wales, UK
Getting mine tomorrow afternoon, finally, yasaay. How do I export the Brake1 parameters for comparison?

Also is there a way to change the lower speed limit that the auto lane control works at so it also works in slow,stop start traffic therefor re enabling the traffic jam assist that seat have now removed?

Tell

Staff member
Getting mine tomorrow afternoon, finally, yasaay. How do I export the Brake1 parameters for comparison?

Also is there a way to change the lower speed limit that the auto lane control works at so it also works in slow,stop start traffic therefor re enabling the traffic jam assist that seat have now removed?

The first one is an export option in the Obdeleven module. That's how I got my infotainment ones out to monitor how things changed or not in the retrofit software, before and after. I'll document that when I get home if you don't beat me to it. So you'll have mine. I'll put that on another thread so this has solutions.

Jam assist. That's a new question. I'd have to research which systems it uses. I've only used it once in a traffic jam in Germany. When TMC rerouted us with no complaints.

Couple of leads on this

https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/view...sid=da254a8aaa9d5989a35fbebecb432792&start=10

http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/2069/traffic-jam-assistant-coding-obdeleven

I'll cross check these with my factory fitted TJA in Obdeleven to see whether they tally and post up on another thread then if we have success post up back here.

Last edited:

ChrisWXM

Sep 25, 2019
North East Wales, UK
Car has arrived but I haven’t had chance to plug in obdeleven yet.

Sd card for Nav had V7 on.

Dealer said the card was the newest version.

7ba9e1984fe657ca05564b191ac53053.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Car has arrived but I haven’t had chance to plug in obdeleven yet.

Sd card for Nav had V7 on.

Dealer said the card was the newest version.

7ba9e1984fe657ca05564b191ac53053.jpg

That's "old". Think after the the issue with the trailer speed which is now fixed they shipped them with that. The January 2019 cars were coming with that card which was old then. The workaround is available :) - but back up and note the MAC instructions if you use a MAC. 1430 (20/21) - that's Version 12. On the other thread. Two updates a year (12-7=5, 5/2 = 2.5, so 2.5 years out of date).

Back in the principality. I'll post the other promised stuff up in the next few days (it rains).

Last edited:

ChrisWXM

Sep 25, 2019
North East Wales, UK
How do I export the Brakes1 data?

I had a quick look but couldn’t see an export function.

One thing I did find which may help with my quest is this:
abe75f36dca1644bf6eb836cda5415dd.jpg

I’m wondering if the 7 was changed to a different value would the brake lights then be off during auto hold. I was behind someone the other day and it was dark and I was cursing how bright his brake lights were as he was sitting there with the brakes on. I don’t want to be “that” person lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise