obdeleven + Formentor + SFD? Also, Alexa?

manracer

Mar 15, 2021
Hi All, newbie here with a Formentor VZ2 (love the car so far!)

My previous car was a tesla model 3, and this is much more fun for me.

I'm question is this, I have read that the SFD prohibits many changes that you would typically make and is present on the Formentor, yet I've read that some people have been able to disable the soundaktor. - anyone know anything about this?

I have also seen images of amazon Alexa present on shots of the MIB3, but cant find much else.

I plan to get a JB4 for the car (supplied some images to burger motorsport to speed things up for them), not much else needs attention I don't think.

Reactions: JoseKaLeL

Spikytim

Jun 9, 2008
I Received my Formentor 2 days ago. I just tried to disable the soundaktor. I don’t find control unit A9. Any hints on how to get this visible. First I searched control unity 09 but no luck.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I Received my Formentor 2 days ago. I just tried to disable the soundaktor. I don’t find control unit A9. Any hints on how to get this visible. First I searched control unity 09 but no luck.

You have to do a Gateway search and it will appear. You need to pls e s tick in the box and next time you scan the car it appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Did anyone find out how to use Alexa? Manual doesn't mention it, I didn't find it in the infotainment.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Apparently it’s an app you can download from the store on the infotainment system. Haven’t downloaded it myself and not sure how it works either.

When I access the store, it's completely empty for me. I'm from Eastern Europe so it might be region locked? You guys have apps there?

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I checked it yesterday and I don't see Alexa in store. There's just Cupra connect subscription.
If you don't mind me asking but how are you averaging 33mpg, best I have had is 35 on a slow long run but average 26/28mpg. I have ran mine in properly and now on 2700miles, car has come to life but my mpg still low.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Doing a lot of motorway driving and minimum of 20 miles per trip, usually 50 one way. As soon, as I drive more aggressively, it goes down to 26-28mpg. I guess, I do more motorway driving, to average it out.

Reactions: jcbmally

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Even the 1.5 isn't great mpg. Done about 500 miles can get upto 42 mpg on a longer mostly motorway driving. But bouncing around town for a couple of miles lucky to see 30mpg

Last edited:

Spikytim

Jun 9, 2008
You have to do a Gateway search and it will appear. You need to pls e s tick in the box and next time you scan the car it appears.

Thanks for the tip.
I feel so stupid however. I tried this for while until I realized I needed to use a android phone instead of my iPhone. Then it immediately worked like a charm.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
If you don't mind me asking but how are you averaging 33mpg, best I have had is 35 on a slow long run but average 26/28mpg. I have ran mine in properly and now on 2700miles, car has come to life but my mpg still low.
I'm also struggling getting any decent MPG, I've done 70 miles yesterday (half/half highway/open road) and I've done 25 mpg. I am no where near 30 mpg even if I drive easy.

It doesn't bother me too much but it's higher than I expected.

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I'm also struggling getting any decent MPG, I've done 70 miles yesterday (half/half highway/open road) and I've done 25 mpg. I am no where near 30 mpg even if I drive easy.

It doesn't bother me too much but it's higher than I expected.
We must have lead feet :drive1::thumbup:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.