Oil change already?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
So at just over 7 months old and under 6K miles my VZ2 Hybrid is requesting an oil change in 41 days or 3600 miles.

Is this not a bit too soon? Although I think it may have said 41 days for a few days now, perhaps it’s been static at that for a while.

Has anyone had their Cupra Preferred Service Partner contact them and say they’ve been alerted by the car for an oil change? If so, how far before the due date was it, as even 41 days is cutting it fine to be able to book a courtesy car.

CupraOnForm

Jan 12, 2022
So at just over 7 months old and under 6K miles my VZ2 Hybrid is requesting an oil change in 41 days or 3600 miles.

Is this not a bit too soon? Although I think it may have said 41 days for a few days now, perhaps it’s been static at that for a while.

Has anyone had their Cupra Preferred Service Partner contact them and say they’ve been alerted by the car for an oil change? If so, how far before the due date was it, as even 41 days is cutting it fine to be able to book a courtesy car.

I have a VZ1 Hybrid that will be a year old just before Christmas. I’ve just checked and it says 55 days to oil change or 1100 miles. That would put it less than a year after I bought it. I’ve done 8300 miles but the vast majority of them are on electric alone (wish I knew how to work out how many). I’m guessing that it takes this into account in the calculation.
I did get a call from my preferred service partner this week, but it was for my old Leon rather than this car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: arizla and dashnine

caloomba

Jan 18, 2022
I have had oil change alerts at 10k and 20k miles. 10k I wasn't too surprised at, but I thought it would have gone to at least 22k before asking for the next one.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008

Probably been sitting pre reg before you got it so the timer on the days started ticking well before it turned a wheel.

I would just wait until the mileage has counted down

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
I bought a dealer principals car at just under 6 months old, and shortly thereafter I got an oil change warning. The car had less than 3000miles on it. I reset the warning, and it went for it's annual service (with oil change) on it's first birthday.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
As far as I know it's 1 year from birth of the car or 10.000 km that the 1st service is planned for.

I have a VZ1 Hybrid that will be a year old just before Christmas. I’ve just checked and it says 55 days to oil change or 1100 miles. That would put it less than a year after I bought it. I’ve done 8300 miles but the vast majority of them are on electric alone (wish I knew how to work out how many). I’m guessing that it takes this into account in the calculation.
I did get a call from my preferred service partner this week, but it was for my old Leon rather than this car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came up with a good formula to approximate petrol engine mileage in a hybrid:

Mileage (ICE) = km/L (actual) / km/L (total) x Mileage (total)

Where km/L (actual) is the actual average fuel economy when running on the ICE. For me that's roughly 17 km/L.
The km/L (total) can be found in the longterm statistics of the car, either in the cockpit or in the app. In my case 33 km/L. You can use miles and MPH just as well.

So my result looks like: 17/33 * 16595 = 8549 km on the petrol engine and 8000 pure electric.
The ratio is changing though, since now electricity is more expensive than petrol over here o_O

ElBrillante

Nov 8, 2018
Estepona, Spain
www.youtube.com
I just had the Oil Service warning come up on my VZ2 (7800km and 14 months old), contacted my Service Partner as I hadn't heard anything from them and they told me it was wrong and the first service (for maintenance and oil) is at 2 years/30.000km.

They just told me to reset the warning, I assume it is engine/location specific 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
How do you reset the service due warning, as I have seen a couple of you above have done this?
I posted previously that my VZ3 requested a service at 2,000 miles. I spoke to VW finance who I lease with, they told me if the car displays such a message that it must be done. I was reluctant to have it but they said it may invalidate the warranty if not carried out. I would imagine the cars brain would retain all warnings that appear.

Reactions: dashnine
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise