Oil consumption!

Andy305

Feb 23, 2020
Hi everyone just after some advice. My cupra 290 is on a 2020 plate and has just covered 9500 miles. This morning on way to work got oil level warning light. Was in work within 2 minutes of the warning so let the car stand for 10 mins and checked oil. The diostick literally had a bit of oil on the bottom so it was extremely low. Luckily the petrol station sells recommended oil and I filled it up with a litre. The diostick is now just showing oil just within the recommended markings.

A.) any suggestions as to is this normal or not. My answer would be no BTW.

B.) no fault codes or warning lights previously and no visible smoke out the exhaust.

Any help would appreciated as it is concerning me

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Consumption of a litre of oil in 9.5k miles isn’t considered excessive by Seat; according to the owner’s manual, oil consumption of 0.5 litres per 1000 km’s is acceptable - see screen shot of page from owner’s manual below.

Bear in mind the oil may not have been filled to more than just above ‘C’ in the picture on the screenshot page when the engine was previously filled (at the factory when new if the car’s not been serviced yet), so there’s a good chance it hasn’t actually consumed 1 litre.

Keep an eye on it and check it at regular intervals when you carry out other routine checks (e.g. tyre pressures, coolant level, washer fluid level).

5D5A0B8D-C3C5-411D-AC0D-73AC5D754E2F.jpeg

Reactions: JCB360
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.