Oil pressure warning buzzer

Brew86uk

Feb 10, 2014
Birmingham
Hi people I have a 2011 seat Ibiza 1.6tdi
And I’ve been having oil pressure warning buzzing coming on for months now had oil switch done sump removed pick up swapped but to be fair it was fine new oil and filter. Oil light don’t come on till about 20mins. 3 beeps and a oil light if I am on the motorway it don’t come on till I slow down under 2.000rpm. It can’t be oil pressure been going on for months now anyone here had same problem and could help please car done 85.000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jason123

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I am guessing that someone has actually checked the engine oil pressure at hot and at idle or fast idle to confirm that the oil pump is still doing its job.

I've never heard of this affecting the 1.6TDI engines, but the 1.2TSI 8V petrol engines can easily it seems end up with an extra O-ring in the oil filter head area, and that causes a partial loss of pressure, though maybe your oil filter is one of these elements that is fitted inside a plastic holder, I'm not sure what effect an extra O-ring seal in there would cause though it seems fewer people/workshops are messing up with that type of oil filter.

Oct 8, 2021
Hi people I have a 2011 seat Ibiza 1.6tdi
And I’ve been having oil pressure warning buzzing coming on for months now had oil switch done sump removed pick up swapped but to be fair it was fine new oil and filter. Oil light don’t come on till about 20mins. 3 beeps and a oil light if I am on the motorway it don’t come on till I slow down under 2.000rpm. It can’t be oil pressure been going on for months now anyone here had same problem and could help please car done 85.000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exact same issue myself and exact same car... any resolve mate?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.