Oil Temp in the display

Mar 19, 2020
Hey how do i get the oil temp to show in the display?
I can't seem to find it in my obd11, my car is a 2013 mk2 CupraR

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
There's no option to display this on the MFD as standard.

You'll need something like PolarFIS or something similar that can add additional custom screens to the MFD

Mar 19, 2020
There's no option to display this on the MFD as standard.

You'll need something like PolarFIS or something similar that can add additional custom screens to the MFD

That sucks since it's standard in every other 2.0 tfsi car... Would u say the Polar FIS is worth it?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Yeah Seat made some weird choices with the instrument cluster config. My 2010 FR has the oil temperature sensor but the cluster software doesn't support reading it via diagnostics. It just reports a nonsense value. They fixed that for the 2011 and onwards FRs but never issued a software update for the 2010s.

I've considered the PolarFIS but it never seemed worth it to me, but I suspect my priorities might be different to yours. I'm not too concerned with additional info that much (though being able to access the oil temp would be nice...).

Mar 19, 2020
Ah, yeah that's just so weird to me that they wouldn't include that, does the P3 gauge show Oil Temp? I'd just love to know the info since im planning to track my car and i do lots of highway racing n back roads.

I loved that i could see it in my S3 so i'd know when i'd just have to go for a cooldown.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
I have an ultra gauge in my tdi supercopa, not expensive and show a lot of data. If your car will read oil temp it will show it. I have intake temp, water temp, boost pressure and actual MPH on mine, shows loads more though

Mar 19, 2020
Alright, i might need to get one of the gauges atleast till the next season, not really worried now that the winter is here, won't push the car in the same way.
It doesn't say on the list that it'll show oil temp and neither does P3 gauge.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
The ultra gauge is alright, not many vag guys/girls use them but are fairly big in other scenes mainly mini. I had it in my RS3 I just sold, not really needed in my tdi supercopa but I had it so thought I may as well put it in. Much more affordable than the p3 gauge, then things are well overpriced

Mar 19, 2020
Alright, cause i mainly wanna use the gauge for maybe boost pressure n oil temp, i couldn't care less about the ''water'' temp. I just don't know if it's worth spending the money for the information.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members