old 022 905 100A coilpacks

krisby

Custom user title
Nov 17, 2010
Sipson
How along ago were these recalled? I've replaced two coilpacks on my car tonight as I suspected they might be on the way out, only cos the metal sheath was rusty.

Anyway, I noticed one of the replacements was the older 100A and one was a 100N, so I'm suspecting that indeed the 100A, likely years old had failed, or atleast was not completely pulling its weight. Have only idled the car, not been for a drive yet, will find out if any better on the way to work tomorrow, but sounded better, but then could be me just wishing it to sound smoother.

Just intrigued it hadn't been replaced, given that the guy had a service history from Wiltshire and Sons Seat, I would have thought it to be replaced under recall.

krisby

Custom user title
Nov 17, 2010
Sipson
Not sure I noticed a difference, didn't really get a chance as the traffic was stifling this morning, but hopefully tonight the M4 will open up before me.

Had a quick gork around google and noticed several traders still seem to be selling these 100A coilpacks to poor unsuspecting punters.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I had two 'A' in my car, they've now gone to the great Bosch depot in the sky. I think I have a mixture of 'F' and 'N' now? I don't know the dates for all the releases, but I do know the N's are a very recent addition. When I got my last pack from TPS their paper catalogue suggested a G, but the online catalogue said it had been replaced by N. So I guess N would have come out after the last time their paper catalogue was printed. When I went for more coilpacks, I specifically searched for N packs.

In general though, as long as they work I don't think there would be any difference in the short term. I certainly wouldn't expect earlier revisions to last as long as later ones though.

The biggest difference will be when you try and boot it, a good coilpack should get the car to accelerate as quickly as the horses allow.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.