OMG! Arosa TDI anything I should know?

HeatSnatcher

Apr 27, 2013
Brighton Baby
I recently did a thread saying I wasn't sure if I should keep my 1lt arosa or hubbies ibiza..
Well we decided I'd keep the Ibiza and low and behold, an actual Arosa TDI came up today... so we saw it... and I've bought it.
I'm shocked I actually eventually found my dream car.

So who else has one and anything I should know? What goes wrong?
It's got 128 on the clock but I should be able to keep in in good condition so want to have it for as long as possible.

I'm just so happy one came up!!

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I've a 2001 model running loads of mods and stage 2 Revo software. Probably the best purchase I ever made (well, it was an accidental eBay win) but for £920 with 125k on it I couldn't grumble.

£30 per year tax
Peanuts for fully comp insurance
Struggles to get below 45mpg and I drive it hard
Best mpg was 64.5 on a run from Manchester to Bath, never dropped below 75mph all the way there.

Never let me down, never failed to start, had an issue with a snapped ball joint bolt and some shonky work carried out by the previous owner but that's it.

They have their gremlins from time to time like:

Crappy gearboxes
Rear cylinders leak
Rear shock absorber bump stops break
Check straps break as do window regs
Some other minor bits but nothing major.

Only 85 left on the road now as well!

Last edited:

HeatSnatcher

Apr 27, 2013
Brighton Baby
Thanks! I can't beleive that tax and finding one of the 85 on the road. I'm so excited and bloody proud.
Even though I've not picked it up yet!

Yeh, my 1ltr arosa needed a new gear box, whining in 5th. We got a re con one so hopefully it'll go.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
what sort of power does that make being stage two mj out of interest?

I honestly don't know. Expected output from stage 1 is 105bhp so all things being well maybe 110?

It goes alright and achieved its highest mpg after the mods and software.

Boost now peaks at nearly 2bar up from 1.2!

CatB1

Nov 19, 2003
Manchester
www.freeserve.com
Oh James, you're making me feel guilty now after scrapping mine, only 85 left on the road! Got to agree it was a fantastic little car, crank sensor & injector harness were the only things that broke. 154,000 miles & it was still running strong.

Pete

HeatSnatcher

Apr 27, 2013
Brighton Baby
I wish I knew what you were talking about hehe.:rofl:

I'm getting so excited it's unreal. I hate the fact it's outside someone elses house. :cry::cry::cry:

I WANT MY AROSA TDI!:whistle:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Oh James, you're making me feel guilty now after scrapping mine, only 85 left on the road! Got to agree it was a fantastic little car, crank sensor & injector harness were the only things that broke. 154,000 miles & it was still running strong.

Pete

You should be ashamed Pete! ;)

sounds like fun as well.

It's pretty cool I must admit.

I wish I knew what you were talking about hehe.:rofl:

I'm getting so excited it's unreal. I hate the fact it's outside someone elses house. :cry::cry::cry:

I WANT MY AROSA TDI!:whistle:

Good things come to those who wait!

HeatSnatcher

Apr 27, 2013
Brighton Baby
White ones show up the **** too. I'm a lazy cow I take it down the jetwash. I don't have time to w over it with a bottle of polish.

However, I might now! hehehehehe

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members