OMG someone put my window through :@:@

Adam+Rhi

Turbo Newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Swindon
well went out to the car tonight to find that someone smashed my passenger window....i mean seriously how sad do you have to be to do that?

so guess i got a question anyone know howmuch it cost on insurance or whatever to get it replaced?

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Second hand window won't cost much its the hassle of fitting,thinks it £60 on insurance but u'll need to read your policy or ask your insurance for correct answer

Adam+Rhi

Turbo Newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Swindon
yh ok about the same that someone else told me.....cant believe it though seriously angry at the minute.

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
i must say that is annoying, once had a courtsey car came back after coming out of A&E and someone had put the front passenger window through and taken the tax disc?! why would anyone take that?! Its registered to the bloody car! AND it only had a weeks tax left on it anyway!!

jamiea69

Jul 10, 2011
bristol
i know how u feel buddy, had some pr%&k break into my old 206 gti and ragged my dash out trying to steal my headunit and ipod. they got the heeadunit out, but cudnt find the ipod. its just frustrating how you work to earn money and look after your car, then someone thinks there entitled to steal it from you. as to how much it would cost, no idea.

Adam+Rhi

Turbo Newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Swindon
Well they didnt take anything it was just vandalism and i dont have problems with anyone so just some p***k thinking they are clever.

So basically i took the stereo out as its a dvd unit. Taped the window up etc n boocked it in between a wall and another car.

I figured it was either jealousy, stupidity or testing the alarm so they could come back later.

Of all the cars in the street it had to be the best one :p

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I had that onece someone smashed the window and went through the glove box. There was nothing in the glove box worth taking. I think I paid £50 excess on the insurance.

Adam+Rhi

Turbo Newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Swindon
Yh cost me 80 quid in excess :eek: so random idiot has now got me constantly looking out of my window and cost me 80 quid ..........bad times

Adam+Rhi

Turbo Newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Swindon
Oh i figured out that the alarm doesnt go off if your window is smashed.....however......it does if you try and reach your arm in.

Also figured out what they used to smash the glass...

Heres a fun game of guesd what it was

Jul 30, 2012
Preston
Oh i figured out that the alarm doesnt go off if your window is smashed.....however......it does if you try and reach your arm in.

Also figured out what they used to smash the glass...

Heres a fun game of guesd what it was

Ah that's no good mate :(

Urm, spark plug?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Adam+Rhi

Turbo Newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Swindon
No not a brick lol.

I wouldnt have expected it...

Anyway i dont wanna wait days for the right answer lol
so next guess that isnt right i will just tell you the answer :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members