Opinion please

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Thinking about getting my LCR 2010 remaped so after some advice really.

1. Which tuner shall I go for ?
2. Looking for 300-330 Hp. what sort of work that will need ?
3. how reliable these remaps are with regards to the cars reliability ?
4. How much this work costs ?

Suggestions and advice please.

DanH

Jun 24, 2010
Warrington, Cheshire
1. All down to preference but being in the north west I would say Awesome-GTI in Irlam
2. Revo Stage 1 should see this with no other supporting modifications but an air intake is always a good bet for an extra 10-15bhp
3. I have a FR which is similar engine bar turbo and injectors and I have ran it on Stage 2+ for over 45,000 miles now trouble free.
4. £500 Revo, £200-300 Intake (Not necessity though)

Dan

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
1. All down to preference but being in the north west I would say Awesome-GTI in Irlam
2. Revo Stage 1 should see this with no other supporting modifications but an air intake is always a good bet for an extra 10-15bhp
3. I have a FR which is similar engine bar turbo and injectors and I have ran it on Stage 2+ for over 45,000 miles now trouble free.
4. £500 Revo, £200-300 Intake (Not necessity though)

Dan

Thanks Dan,

So how many remaps out there anyway apart from Revo and do they all have level of remaps like stage1,2 and 2+ ?

Could you please explain what sort of work involves in stage 2 and stage 2+ with regards to my LCR ? and what these cost ?

Regards

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
I bought a second hand Bluefin off eBay and had it reset cost me £300 all in and I can remove the map whenever it goes to the stealers. Got a custom map off bluefin and the car feels very strong :)

So what you saying is that only Bluefin can be removed if the car goes to the stealers ? or is with all other maps ?

what sort of gains are you getting out of you car after Bluefin and have had any extra work done to get those figures ?

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
Thanks Dan,

So how many remaps out there anyway apart from Revo and do they all have level of remaps like stage1,2 and 2+ ?

Could you please explain what sort of work involves in stage 2 and stage 2+ with regards to my LCR ? and what these cost ?

Regards

If you have a look on JKM websites it gives a good explanation on the stages and parts need also they offer it with different maps hope that helps

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/jkmtfsi.htm

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Thanks guys.

Really good info on JKM website but the factor to put the car back on standard form in case it goes to the stealers is putting me off a bit unless someone confirms that with Revo it can be put back to standard.

Kris, you said that you got a custom map from Bluefin ? is it not the handheld unit they are selling for LCR on their website ?

I see they are offering 20% discount until 31st Dec so got to be quick.

How much is the forge twintake costs and is it a diy job or needs a professional help ? and where did you get yours from ? any link ?

Thanks

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
Thanks guys.

Really good info on JKM website but the factor to put the car back on standard form in case it goes to the stealers is putting me off a bit unless someone confirms that with Revo it can be put back to standard.

Kris, you said that you got a custom map from Bluefin ? is it not the handheld unit they are selling for LCR on their website ?

How much is the forge twintake costs and is it a diy job or needs a professional help ? and where did you get yours from ? any link ?

Thanks

Revo changes its settings so it feels like a standard map but it is not the standard map

FR_Kris

Thanks guys.

Thanks

It's the hand held unit as per their website they have standard maps but they will do custom tweaks for you. The power on mine was only coming in about 5000rpm so I had the timing altered and it pulls smoothly all through the rev range. Twintake is easy to fit only tricky part is getting the clip off the turbo pipe but if you have a very long set of pliers it's fairly straight forward.

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
So which twintake is better value for money ? ITG or Forge ?

Forge is about £350 and don't know how much ITG is.

Do they both offer same sort of gains ? ie around 15-18hp ? and which one gives more induction noise ? any link to source ITG please.

Thanks

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
So which twintake is better value for money ? ITG or Forge ?

Forge is about £350 and don't know how much ITG is.

Do they both offer same sort of gains ? ie around 15-18hp ? and which one gives more induction noise ? any link to source ITG please.

Thanks

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=14101

Gains about the same but the ITG is alot louder than the Forge depends on what you want

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Correct me if I'm wrong, the induction noise these kits make are more noticeable in the cabin than outside like exhaust sound or the sound is noticeable outside as well ?

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Noticeable inside and out. Although not like a roar more like a air noise with a bit of turbo flutter.
You either love it or hate it. You should try and listen to someone's beforehand? I have tried neuspeed and itg and twintake and thought the itg was hardest to live with which also had a flat spot under 3k rpm.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE

webwysard

Nov 15, 2011
North West
Noticeable inside and out. Although not like a roar more like a air noise with a bit of turbo flutter.
You either love it or hate it. You should try and listen to someone's beforehand? I have tried neuspeed and itg and twintake and thought the itg was hardest to live with which also had a flat spot under 3k rpm.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE

I would love to try before commiting to buy one but how :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.