Orange FR Sport 115 - with upgrades

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Genuine rear spoiler and side blades now ordered - hmm gloss black or colour coded?????????????
As the front splitter‘s gloss black , I’d get the side blades painted in gloss black as well so they’re all colour matched. That then means the rear spoiler should also be gloss black, otherwise IMHO it’d look a bit odd.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
As the front splitter‘s gloss black , I’d get the side blades painted in gloss black as well so they’re all colour matched. That then means the rear spoiler should also be gloss black, otherwise IMHO it’d look a bit odd.
I did think about getting the side blades in gloss black but having the rear spoiler colour coded so top sections orange and lower trims black? as the mirrors are gloss black i don't want to go too much black if that makes sense?
I'm also not sure until i see the rear spoiler if black would look odd as i think the small section just below the brake light is still visible which means the orange would be on show?

Got a week to decide :)

Still undecided on a rear diffuser - will be gloss black but can't decide on a Rieger (downside is black tail trims which don't stand out) or the genuine optional version which would mean getting the number plate panel section wrapped gloss black instead of the grey it come in

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Found a pic of an old Leon FR i had a couple of years back. As it was the Titanium model it came with side blades from the factory, these were colour coded with small black sections - this is what i'm looking at doing (orange with small black wrap on ends) - i even had a Rieger front spoiler on that car same as this ibiza (y)

100_2272.JPG

Reactions: alpineSi

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
@robby71; looks good. I get colour envy every time I pictures of your car. I love Eclipse Orange 😎.

Thanks - i usually go for boring white/ red/ grey cars but just fell in love with this colour - looks even better when clean :)

Not much left to do to the exterior - trying to get someone to wrap the grille surround gloss black but they're either asking silly money or booked up for months :(

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Never liked the look of feel of the Gearknob so changed it to a leather/ alloy with proper leather gaitor

View attachment 23985
View attachment 23986
What's the USB dongle?
Thanks - i usually go for boring white/ red/ grey cars but just fell in love with this colour - looks even better when clean :)

Not much left to do to the exterior - trying to get someone to wrap the grille surround gloss black but they're either asking silly money or booked up for months :(
I believe the grill is a bumper out job. Maybe try plasti dip. Spray on from a can.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Another day off so another clean and coated with Blackfire extra gloss :)
Painted front calipers Ferrari red and carriers hammerite black - ran out of brushes to do the rears :rolleyes:

100_2656.jpgnoplate.jpg

100_2665.JPG

100_2660.jpgnoplate.jpg

Reactions: betamazbandit

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Love the colour of the car!!

Where did you get the door sills from? I take it they are just adhesive and can be installed pretty easily?

These were bought off ebay - would have bought from Aliexpress and waited 3-4 weeks for delivery if i'd seen them on there (much cheaper) - they're thin metal with very sharp pointed edges and fitted with doubled sided tape

Aliexpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

DPM Performance