Orange FR Sport 115 - with upgrades - SOLD

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Well 1st weekend of having my new (2019my) FR Sport and been busy the past couple of days :)

Full paint sealant applied (Poorboys EX-P)
Aerospace 303 applied to exterior black plastics
Wheels off full clean and sealed with EX-P backs and fronts
Engine bay cleaned and Aerospace 303 applied to all plastics and hoses
LED light unit fitted in boot and LED bulbs to interior lights
New set of carpet mats
Golf GTi alloy pedals fitted
Stubby aerial fitted
New genuine centre armrest fitted
New spare wheel and toolkit fitted to replace foam kit
Removed drivers door panel and sound deadened metal behind with deadening pads and rear of door panel with closed foam pads (will do other door when i see what difference this has made)
Sound deadened boot floor and side panels with deadening pads

I'd like to get a proper leather gearlever gaitor instead of the cheap plasticky 1 if anyone know where to buy and also a thicker boot mat instead of the thin 1 in there

I've had a full set of genuine mudflaps on order for 1.5 weeks, courier has had them since last Saturday for some reason - was going to fit them when i had the wheels off :mad:

There doesn't seem to be a lot of extras available, previous Ibiza SC i fitted door pull covers, dash trims , etc - Hmm - leather door pulls would be nice?

Few pics from today

Attachments

• 100_2614.jpgnoplate.jpg
    100_2614.jpgnoplate.jpg
    913.5 KB · Views: 412
  • 100_2607.jpgnoplate.jpg
    100_2607.jpgnoplate.jpg
    926.8 KB · Views: 428
  • 100_2581.JPG
    100_2581.JPG
    901.3 KB · Views: 410
  • 100_2586.JPG
    100_2586.JPG
    953.8 KB · Views: 415
  • 100_2585.JPG
    100_2585.JPG
    798.1 KB · Views: 408

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Yea I like the cars in very bright colours makes it clear to people it’s your car around town. But definitely has its disadvantages too when your trying to be low key and get spoiled everywhere round town. Lol 😂

Reactions: robby71

Lord_Brett_Sinclair

Dec 13, 2018
Great colour, suits the Ibiza really well.

We have a grey one arriving 1st March and will be doing a few additions similar to you, so have a couple of questions that hopefully you can answer:

How easy was the armrest to fit & where did you get it from?
Where did you get the spare wheel from / how much?
Has the sound deadening made much difference and if so can you tell if it's the doors or boot that's made the biggest difference?
Which LED boot-light did you use and did you need to open out the cut-out to fit it?

I've also obtained a set for genuine mud-flaps (ebay - £15/set) and can't believe what's involved in fitting them - including drilling two holes (different size) for each front flap and three holes (different sizes) for each rear flap.
In total, each front flap has 4 self tappers, one screw and one rivet and the each rear one has two self tappers, 1 screw and nut, one rivet and one push-in fixing. Not a quick job!

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Great colour, suits the Ibiza really well.

We have a grey one arriving 1st March and will be doing a few additions similar to you, so have a couple of questions that hopefully you can answer:

How easy was the armrest to fit & where did you get it from?
Where did you get the spare wheel from / how much?
Has the sound deadening made much difference and if so can you tell if it's the doors or boot that's made the biggest difference?
Which LED boot-light did you use and did you need to open out the cut-out to fit it?

I've also obtained a set for genuine mud-flaps (ebay - £15/set) and can't believe what's involved in fitting them - including drilling two holes (different size) for each front flap and three holes (different sizes) for each rear flap.
In total, each front flap has 4 self tappers, one screw and one rivet and the each rear one has two self tappers, 1 screw and nut, one rivet and one push-in fixing. Not a quick job!

Looks great in grey - that was my initial choice until i saw this orange

I bought the armrest from Cox Motorparts (sponsor on this forum - Seat motor Parts) - ordered and delivered in 3-4 days - fitted in 10 mins :) it comes with instructions and really is simple to fit, if you get stuck there's a vid on youtube. The good things is you don't modify anything so it's reversible if you decide to remove it
Pull out the tray section at the back of the console (pulls upwards)
Remove 2x 10mm nuts,
Slot in 2 small brackets, replace the 2 nuts to hold the brackets in place,
Sit armrest in position
Fit 2 more 10mm nuts (supplied) to hold the armrest onto 2 threaded fixings already there
Fit 2 bolts (1 each side of the console - holes already there)
Slot cover onto back
Job done
There's a faux leather of cloth option for the lid to match the seat trim

I bought the spare wheel and full toolkit off ebay - all brand new - you can also search for Polo wheels as they are the same
spare.jpg

I'll be driving to work tomorrow so i'll see if there's any noticeable difference in rattles :) I did have 1 at the N/S/R somewhere so that might still be there?

The LED unit i bought for the boot was 1 i bought for my T-Cross which i sold, i had to enlarge the cutout by maybe 3-4mm so it would fit in (i used a dremmel), this is what i bought - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-FOR-V...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

The mudflap you've got sound to be from the same seller i bought mine from - Hermes have now had them over a week so i'm assuming they're lost? seller isn't responding to my queries either :(

Reactions: COX Motor Parts

Lord_Brett_Sinclair

Dec 13, 2018
Thanks for your reply - all useful information. If you do get your mud-flaps and get them fitted, please let us know how it went / how easy it was.

Have to say the Ebay seller from whom I bought the mud-flaps responded very promptly when I was querying the address they used (our postcode gets covers a number of properties and it's not uncommon for people to select the wrong address).

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Thanks for your reply - all useful information. If you do get your mud-flaps and get them fitted, please let us know how it went / how easy it was.

Have to say the Ebay seller from whom I bought the mud-flaps responded very promptly when I was querying the address they used (our postcode gets covers a number of properties and it's not uncommon for people to select the wrong address).

I'll let you know if they ever arrive :(
I wanted to fit them this weekend as the wheels came off for a full clean and seal, with previous cars it's been easier to remove wheels when fitting flaps so you have more room to get the drill in - guess the wheels will be off again - at least it'll be easier as the other day all 4 were seized on and needed a few whacks with a rubber mallet, copper slip applied to hubs now :)

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Bit pricey. But cheaper than Seat and then paint so not too bad. Waiting on a great dealfor Seat front and roof spoiler to pop up. Bought side skirts and rear diffuser set for £180. Proper bargain.

Where did you get the diffuser and skirts for £180?
I'm not sure if i should go for the Rieger rear diffuser? it looks "meaner" as it sticks further out than the Seat version but has gloss black fake tailpipe trims which don't stand out :unsure:
I'm also wanting the tailgate spoiler which i'd have colour coded but the side skirts/ blades i'm not sure? gloss black or colour coded?

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
Where did you get the diffuser and skirts for £180?
I'm not sure if i should go for the Rieger rear diffuser? it looks "meaner" as it sticks further out than the Seat version but has gloss black fake tailpipe trims which don't stand out :unsure:
I'm also wanting the tailgate spoiler which i'd have colour coded but the side skirts/ blades i'm not sure? gloss black or colour coded?

Both on eBay. Seller had front and rear spoiler aswell but sold few weeks before I contacted him. He was selling all for £500. Silly bargain. Think he's sold all items now. As my car's white going for gloss black. I think colour coded they just disappear.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
There was a seller on ebay selling the diffuser for £120 but it didn't have the plastic panel which sits behind the number plate which is part of the kit, a Rieger diffuser is £190?

Someone else is selling a new front spoiler and tailgate spoiler but both are missing the fixings - foam pieces for rear spoiler and spacers, etc for front spoiler

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
There was a seller on ebay selling the diffuser for £120 but it didn't have the plastic panel which sits behind the number plate which is part of the kit, a Rieger diffuser is £190?

Someone else is selling a new front spoiler and tailgate spoiler but both are missing the fixings - foam pieces for rear spoiler and spacers, etc for front spoiler

Seat part? Or Fisher?

Can you post eBay links?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members