Orange FR Sport 115 - with upgrades - SOLD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Genuine rear spoiler and side blades now ordered - hmm gloss black or colour coded?????????????
As the front splitter‘s gloss black , I’d get the side blades painted in gloss black as well so they’re all colour matched. That then means the rear spoiler should also be gloss black, otherwise IMHO it’d look a bit odd.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
As the front splitter‘s gloss black , I’d get the side blades painted in gloss black as well so they’re all colour matched. That then means the rear spoiler should also be gloss black, otherwise IMHO it’d look a bit odd.
I did think about getting the side blades in gloss black but having the rear spoiler colour coded so top sections orange and lower trims black? as the mirrors are gloss black i don't want to go too much black if that makes sense?
I'm also not sure until i see the rear spoiler if black would look odd as i think the small section just below the brake light is still visible which means the orange would be on show?

Got a week to decide :)

Still undecided on a rear diffuser - will be gloss black but can't decide on a Rieger (downside is black tail trims which don't stand out) or the genuine optional version which would mean getting the number plate panel section wrapped gloss black instead of the grey it come in

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Found a pic of an old Leon FR i had a couple of years back. As it was the Titanium model it came with side blades from the factory, these were colour coded with small black sections - this is what i'm looking at doing (orange with small black wrap on ends) - i even had a Rieger front spoiler on that car same as this ibiza (y)

100_2272.JPG

Reactions: alpineSi

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
This weekends other updates

Genuine side blades, rear tailgate spoiler and rear diffuser fitted

Car needs a wash as it's filthy so excuse poor pics

100_2646.jpgnoplate.jpg

100_2650.JPG

100_2652.JPG

100_2644.jpgnoplate.jpg

Reactions: A.k

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
@robby71; looks good. I get colour envy every time I pictures of your car. I love Eclipse Orange 😎.

Thanks - i usually go for boring white/ red/ grey cars but just fell in love with this colour - looks even better when clean :)

Not much left to do to the exterior - trying to get someone to wrap the grille surround gloss black but they're either asking silly money or booked up for months :(

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
Never liked the look of feel of the Gearknob so changed it to a leather/ alloy with proper leather gaitor

View attachment 23985
View attachment 23986
What's the USB dongle?
Thanks - i usually go for boring white/ red/ grey cars but just fell in love with this colour - looks even better when clean :)

Not much left to do to the exterior - trying to get someone to wrap the grille surround gloss black but they're either asking silly money or booked up for months :(
I believe the grill is a bumper out job. Maybe try plasti dip. Spray on from a can.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Love the colour of the car!!

Where did you get the door sills from? I take it they are just adhesive and can be installed pretty easily?

These were bought off ebay - would have bought from Aliexpress and waited 3-4 weeks for delivery if i'd seen them on there (much cheaper) - they're thin metal with very sharp pointed edges and fitted with doubled sided tape

Aliexpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Well couple of "little" updates
Last week i painted the rear calipers ferrari red to match the front i did a couple of weeks ago

Today - i've traded the car in for a MK7.5 Golf R-Line :rolleyes:

I've removed a couple of bits so if anyone is interested before they go on ebay

Full size spare wheel and toolkit (complete) - £100
Genuine reversible boot mat (never had anything in boot since it was fitted) - SOLD
Genuine leather armrest (as new) - SOLD
Standard FR rear diffuser with chrome trims - £40

Collection from Huddersfield or can post for extra (UK mainland only)

Last edited:

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
Well couple of "little" updates
Last week i painted the rear calipers ferrari red to match the front i did a couple of weeks ago

Today - i've traded the car in for a MK7.5 Golf R-Line :rolleyes:

I've removed a couple of bits so if anyone is interested before they go on ebay

Full size spare wheel and toolkit (complete) - £100
Genuine reversible boot mat (never had anything in boot since it was fitted) - £30
Genuine leather armrest (as new) - £100
Standard FR rear diffuser with chrome trims - £40

Collection from Huddersfield or can post for extra (UK mainland only)

Hi, I would be interested in the reversible mat. Any pictures please. Thanks

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
That didn't last long - 3 months?

What was your reason for getting rid so soon?

Did you get a good deal against the Golf?

Yep 3 months - average time i keep a car :rolleyes:

Wasn't happy with the build quality, i'd sort 1 rattle and another would appear - hate rattles/ creaks

Got £12500 for it in p/x and dealer has listed it today for just under £14k so someone will get a nicely kitted out car (as long as they don't mind the rattles)

Hitlist

Nov 26, 2018
Hi robby71,

Hope you don't mind me asking, Where did you got the gearknob and leather gaitor from? It looks a lot better than the OEM one.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.