Oval(?) Air Filter

misterbungle

Hi folks
In the process of TRYING to service my 1999 (S reg) Arosa 1.0 myself as finances are tight this year
I was looking at air filters on EuroCarParts, they have rectangular and circular filters onlline, but my current filter seems to be oval. The cover is definitely oval shaped, I undone a couple of screws to have a quick look and the filter looks oval too.

I am full of cold at the minute and I've taken that many pills and potions I could be hallucinating. I have googled "SEAT arosa oval air filter" and I'm not getting anywhere

Any help appreciated

misterbungle

Supply reg/chassis No to TPS, GSF or Euro car parts, they will give you correct filter part.

Thanks for your reply
I gave my reg to Euro Car Parts but they only had the circular and rectangular filters and had never heard of oval filters. Do you think it's possible that even though the filter cover is oval shaped, the actual filter will be circular? Need to get the filter out to find out for sure me thinks :think:

misterbungle

Thanks for your reply
I gave my reg to Euro Car Parts but they only had the circular and rectangular filters and had never heard of oval filters. Do you think it's possible that even though the filter cover is oval shaped, the actual filter will be circular? Need to get the filter out to find out for sure me thinks :think:

Had cover off and it's definitely oval. The code on it is Guttman 502440211. Can't find any online....:help:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members