Overdue Service

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
IMG Seat cancelled my service due to the coronavirus situation but they didn't tell me how this would affect my extended warranty. I'm also unsure if I'm still entitled to roadside assistance that's part of the service package. I tried to contact them earlier but no-one answered so I've sent them an email. I'm wondering if anyone else is in a similar position and if so, can you shed any light on the situation?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
IMG Seat cancelled my service due to the coronavirus situation but they didn't tell me how this would affect my extended warranty. I'm also unsure if I'm still entitled to roadside assistance that's part of the service package. I tried to contact them earlier but no-one answered so I've sent them an email. I'm wondering if anyone else is in a similar position and if so, can you shed any light on the situation?
I would suggest contacting Seat Customer Care/Service.

Reactions: Kinetic

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
It looks like my oil change and service interval are out of sync. The next service is due at 38000 miles, another 800 miles but the oil change is due in 100 miles according to the info on the dash. I'm guessing I can delay the oil change until the service which could be a while as I'm furloughed at the moment.

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
I work at volvo, currently in the same situation. Before lockdown, we had no information on how this works for our customers under warranty or under extended warranty. I don't think they would even have a back up answer ready for this.

I recon we will all have to wait till the world is back up and running and see what the actual manufactures say, there will be a lot of different views from different manufactures I think

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
My wife's Hyundai was 5 years old at the end of March and the dealer ordered a part just before lock down to be fitted under warranty. We are in house 'lockdown' for 3 months and who knows when dealers start up again so I hope fitment is still honoured by Hyundai UK.

Discopanda

May 10, 2016
SEAT told me by email...

Thank you for contacting Audi Financial Services.

During these uncertain times we can only advise to check the oil level on the vehicle until you can take it to a retailer to service. Due to the outbreak of Covid 19 we are advising all of our customers that are due a service to get carried out asap, until then they are able to use the vehicle as normal in accordance with their contract.

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
SEAT told me by email...

Thank you for contacting Audi Financial Services.

During these uncertain times we can only advise to check the oil level on the vehicle until you can take it to a retailer to service. Due to the outbreak of Covid 19 we are advising all of our customers that are due a service to get carried out asap, until then they are able to use the vehicle as normal in accordance with their contract.
I'm not too happy with IMG, they have someone answering the phone and emails but no-one on the service side, surely someone could take enquiries from home? Perhaps they don't have clarity from Seat themselves. Maybe I'm being a little harsh in the current situation but my intention is to get the oil change done, I don't want to give them any excuse to void the warranty.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
My wife's Hyundai was 5 years old at the end of March and the dealer ordered a part just before lock down to be fitted under warranty. We are in house 'lockdown' for 3 months and who knows when dealers start up again so I hope fitment is still honoured by Hyundai UK.
I worked for Kia and it was that as long as the warranty repair and go ahead we’re logged before the warranty ended it would carry out repairs as required, there were times when parts would be unavailable before the warranty expired and so no fault of the customer. HTH.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
My local Seat dealer told me as long as the issue was reported during the warranty period any work will be carried out under the warranty. For example my warranty runs out tomorrow, but I reported a rattle in the passenger door a month or so ago which they said will be fixed FOC once I get the booking rescheduled.

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
Just had this email from Seat so thought I'd share.

We are writing to you to provide you with an update on our current status following the recent developments in the COVID-19 situation. Our customers, colleagues and communities are at the heart of everything we do and we are taking the necessary actions to protect all of us in light of recent government communication and advice from the World Health Organisation.

As part of our ongoing commitment to ensure your safety and vehicle welfare, we wanted to let you know that your service is now due. With the current COVID-19 situation we may be unable to carry out this scheduled work on your SEAT at this moment in time due to reduced operating hours and staff availability. If you are a key worker, please contact us to discuss whether we might be able to accommodate any urgent servicing and maintenance work. Please visit the dedicated SEAT webpage to access the latest available information and answers to Frequently Asked Questions with regards to servicing and maintaining your vehicle in the current circumstances.

If we are unable to complete the work due on your vehicle now, rest assured we will contact you once government guidance and internal circumstances allow us to welcome you back to our business again. Please note your vehicle warranty will not be affected if the necessary service or maintenance work is not performed during this period.

We would like to thank you for your continued support and patience and hope you and your family stay safe.

Reactions: BillyCool

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
Interesting that actually... my work actually 're opened 3 weeks ago ( main volvo dealer ) on reduced staff, for " essential workers " but a lot of non essential people have been going in, and over the weeks more and more people are now just coming in... so seems as though, you can now just go in and get your car repaired if need be, they will do it as they need the income !

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Interesting that actually... my work actually 're opened 3 weeks ago ( main volvo dealer ) on reduced staff, for " essential workers " but a lot of non essential people have been going in, and over the weeks more and more people are now just coming in... so seems as though, you can now just go in and get your car repaired if need be, they will do it as they need the income !

That makes a lot of sense, I was a bit worried initially that central gov had demanded that dealerships etc sat on their thumbs rather than carry out any work on non essential workers cars, I need to get the AC refilled on my wife's Polo and I was going to get KwikFit to do that then I could check to see if I can find any leaks, I asked my local one if they were open for AC work and they said yes - but they were waiting on the AC kit service guy to come out and repair/service their "filling rig" - so hopefully that will happen sooner than later!

A small "all brands" local workshop is still or back operating and carrying out MOT work possibly with half their mechs or maybe they only have a couple and plenty space lifts.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I work at volvo, currently in the same situation. Before lockdown, we had no information on how this works for our customers under warranty or under extended warranty. I don't think they would even have a back up answer ready for this.

I recon we will all have to wait till the world is back up and running and see what the actual manufactures say, there will be a lot of different views from different manufactures I think

On a seprate note, did you ever drive one of the T5/T6/T8 badged Volvos (or V40 T5). Would you say it's more 'oomph' than your Cupra 280 (assuming u still have it)?

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
On a seprate note, did you ever drive one of the T5/T6/T8 badged Volvos (or V40 T5). Would you say it's more 'oomph' than your Cupra 280 (assuming u still have it)?

I've been with volvo for 10 years now... the new T5 realistically is pants, along with the new T6 ( 4 pot 2 litre units ) they have decent power, but volvo don't have a DSG or anything close and they don't have a LSD, also can not get anywhere near the fuel economy of the cupra....

The T8 on the other hand with the electric motor, which I have driven mainly in the xc90 is rather quick and can get good fuel economy used correctly, but would not keep up with the cupra at all once moving.. yes off the line it has 4wd and can produce a good 0-60 time, but it's got at least a ton of weight over the cupra... I'm gonna say, I'm quite anti volvo despite working there for 10 years, the cars they make are lovely, but they are not drivers cars... I regularly collect my customers cars, but as soon as I leave my cupra on there drive and drive off in the volvo, I miss my cupra almost instantly.

Great interiors on the new volvo's though. In my opinion make the later German cars lo9k pants

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
That makes a lot of sense, I was a bit worried initially that central gov had demanded that dealerships etc sat on their thumbs rather than carry out any work on non essential workers cars, I need to get the AC refilled on my wife's Polo and I was going to get KwikFit to do that then I could check to see if I can find any leaks, I asked my local one if they were open for AC work and they said yes - but they were waiting on the AC kit service guy to come out and repair/service their "filling rig" - so hopefully that will happen sooner than later!

A small "all brands" local workshop is still or back operating and carrying out MOT work possibly with half their mechs or maybe they only have a couple and plenty space lifts.

If I'm being honest, for me personally, I would rather stay at home ( as I currently am ) and be safe and leave it for the people that are happy to be that take care of the essential workers.

What's happening right now is more important that a business or what's gone wrong with someone's car. No offence intended.

But day by day, my company are calling more and more people in, so looks like the motor trade repair/service wise will be up and running soon. But sales are still not aloud to return yet

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
... I regularly collect my customers cars, but as soon as I leave my cupra on there drive and drive off in the volvo, I miss my cupra almost instantly.
You use your own car for collections! We used courtesy cars or demos for that, is your insurance ok with that, business use?

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
You use your own car for collections! We used courtesy cars or demos for that, is your insurance ok with that, business use?

I will only use mine if they have a drive and it's in my area/on the way, for my long term customers... if it's anything different, I will leave my car locked at work and take a company car.

Good point on the insurance side of things, I suppose if I went well out of my for business use, it would be an issue.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members