Owner Manual...FRENCH?????

Wayno27

Hi,
Recently brought a 2010 Cupra, and whilst getting to know how things work i noticed that the Instruction Manual & Service Log are in French? Surely this isn't right so i called into SEAT and they said that they are no longer available, strange with it only being 2 years old.
Anyway basically im after instruction manual, does anyone know where to get this from?

Thanks in advance
Wayne

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Hi,
Recently brought a 2010 Cupra, and whilst getting to know how things work i noticed that the Instruction Manual & Service Log are in French? Surely this isn't right so i called into SEAT and they said that they are no longer available, strange with it only being 2 years old.
Anyway basically im after instruction manual, does anyone know where to get this from?

Thanks in advance
Wayne

Is your car an import or a UK car?

If it is a UK car then the hand book should be UK spec..... ;)

Suggest you do some homework on this and then go back to SEAT if it is a UK car and have the hand book changed under warranty to a UK spec hand book...... assuming your still under warranty (3 years waranty) and also assuming you bought from a SEAT dealer.

Last edited:

Wayno27

Thanks for the reply.

Already checked this out and it is a UK car. The media and communications manuals are in English. I brought it from Holdcroft last week and it's still got over a year on warranty, but apparently according to the SEAT dealer it's obsolete now!!!???!!! Not sure what to do now, was hoping to find another manual somewhere.
Think it would be worth ringing SEAT asking if they could swap it under the warranty?

Thanks
Wayne

ChrisSK

Jan 25, 2012
Bristol
This sounds like their having a laugh.

What is obsolete the car or the English manual. The car can never be obsolete but may be, just may be there is not a lot of interest in manuals written in the English language these days.:lol:

What I find very annoying is that car manufactures never like to issue pdf’s of their manuals like is if they have some thing to hide.[:@]

Fusster

Jul 19, 2011
I have just double checked...and whoever told you they are obsolete are 100% correct.
you cannot order them from SEAT.
ebay may be the only way.

Wayno27

Thanks for your feedback and info, looks like EBay is the way.

Your right Chris, pdf's would be extremely useful allowing everyone easy access.

Thanks again
Wayne

Fusster

Jul 19, 2011
you get a 2013 model year handbook....

2010 model year handbook,s are now obsolete

correction 2012 model year....my bad
i,ve just checked and 2012 hand books are avaliable...that would do you i reckon,there hasn,t been many if any changes as regards equipment

Last edited:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Non, désolé je ne peux pas vous aider..

Tell them you want a 2012 handbook then. Can't be many changes.

Wayno27

Ill get onto them first thing tomorrow, thanks for the info guys.

Wayne

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.