Paint peeling off after car wash

WEZANGO

Nov 4, 2016
Hi everyone. Yesterday after a regular car wash I was really suprised to see that some paint got peeled off the front fender. Is there any cheap and effective solution that I can use to fix that or should I just get it painted in workshop? My Leon is not even 4 years old, but Seat gives only 3 years paint warranty, so I don't think official dealer would get it fixed for free.

IMG_3329.jpeg IMG_3328.jpeg IMG_3330.jpeg

WEZANGO

Nov 4, 2016
Shouldn't happen, I would definitively go back to the dealer. Did you buy it new (as in, are you sure it was never resprayed after an accident)?
Unfortunately I don't know if it was resprayed previously. I bought this car just 2 months ago. Also it was imported from UK to Ireland, so I am not sure about warranty at all. But tomorrow I will try my luck and go to a dealer. Maybe they can say if it was painted previously or it's a defect from the factory.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I'm not a paint 'expert' but I worked in dealer (some time ago) and was vehicle quality tester for our own workshops and body shop. Based on your first pic I would have said its been painted before - the panel finish and the way the paint is peeling. Just play 'look what's happened!' to the dealer and see what they say. If your dealer has their own body shop then hopefully you'll get a professional opinion.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Shouldn't happen, I would definitively go back to the dealer. Did you buy it new (as in, are you sure it was never resprayed after an accident)?

Yeah, this. Did you wash it yourself? With a pressure washer (and car attachment)? I have a 2011 and 2006 Leon and I've blasted them with my pressure washer, up close and for too long when I've started day dreaming. Nothing like this has ever happened. So I'd say summat has gone on with that area previously.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise