paint quality "black magic" owners please coment.

Snoopy

Apr 24, 2002
Durham, England.
Hi,
As a previous ebony black Leon cupra R owner whos paint quality was to be polite rubbish compared to my mates platinum R.

can owners of mk4 ibizas let me know what the quality of the paint of the black magic metallic is like or other colours even?

Hows it holding up to stone chips light scratches and day to day use.

Thanks
Geoff.

badlydrawnbanan

cholangio carcenoma doh !
Ballie said:
Hi,
As a previous ebony black Leon cupra R owner whos paint quality was to be polite rubbish compared to my mates platinum R.

can owners of mk4 ibizas let me know what the quality of the paint of the black magic metallic is like or other colours even?

Hows it holding up to stone chips light scratches and day to day use.

Thanks
Geoff.

Hi m8 I have a Black Magic Leon Cupra and I have to be honest and say the paint quality is cr*p ive given up trying to prevent scratches and dinks its just so easily marked or scratched its my only gripe about the car :(
:cheers: Mark.

FlyTDi

Oct 4, 2003
Cheshire
Visit site
Mine's black magic and a year old.

I'm probably tempting fate but the bonnet is holding out really well with hardly any stone chips.

I'm happy enough with the paint job and it's the 1st time I've had a black car. The colour really comes up well after a clean.

Have you got to wait till August for the Ibiza Cupra?

kace500

my bonnet is covered in chips, a couple fairly big. done about 30k on mostly motorways. every time I clean it I notice more.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Neo_VR said:
Errm.... Ive got a Black magic fabia...
its got a few small stone chips.. but other than that the paint quality is spot on... :hide:

Same as mate. But on the whole having prepped alot of Black Magic SEAT's the Skoda variety seems alot better believe it or not.

I was going for a silver Fabia originally as I didnt rate black magic on the SEAT's. But when I see mine in the showroom I knew it was the right choice, 10k down the road its picked up a few stonechips but with a bit of Zymol shes showroom class again :)

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
I have a black magic cupra and I'm really pleased with the paint.

After three years and 60k there's no signs of fading..

Initially you think the paint is very weak because even the slightest touch seems to leave white scars all over the car..but in fact this is the clear lacquer coat over the top of the paint scratching and it looks worse than it really is.
The paint underneath is well protected.

During the summer I use hand held jet washes..but in the winter I use automatic car washes.

Roundabout now I will T cut the car..(fourth time now) and the scratches will all come off...then I'll wax it again and stick to the Jet washes for another summer.

Its hard to keep it looking nice as one drive past a small bush will leave a load of scratches again..but as I say they are only superficial.

My car was keyed by yobs when it was a week old and It looked like a definate respray job...however..three hours of T cutting later the scratch had gone and I wasn't all the way through the lacquer to the paint even.

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
markmck said:
is hat the mettalic t cut or ordinary stuff ?

Just the ordinary T cut...

I don't go mad with it as it is hard work so basically I just put it on quite gently as if applying polish and then as it starts to harden I change to a clean cloth to wipe it off.
I find old t shirts are good for the final wipe..

autoglym resin polish then to finish although this doesn't last many washes but is easy to apply

oony7

badlydrawnbanan said:
Hi m8 I have a Black Magic Leon Cupra and I have to be honest and say the paint quality is cr*p ive given up trying to prevent scratches and dinks its just so easily marked or scratched its my only gripe about the car :(
:cheers: Mark.
i know this has nothing to do with this but i was wondering if u could tell me were u got ur tax disc holder as i havent got one :redface:

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
I've got black magic. I was expecting to see more stone chips than I actually have (1.5yrs old) but seems to be holding well.

The only problem with black is any slight scratch marks the laquer, which gives it a scratched look (white mark). However, a wash and wax "hides" most of this.

Other colours you tend not to notice as much.

Have no regrets getting a black car... just needs more TLC

Goot :)

cpufreak

back in the UK
Nov 9, 2003
London, SW6
photo.ing.me.uk
Ballie said:
I asked my dealer yesterday and he says June. Its launched at the Birmingham motorshow in may he says and available more or less straight after that.

(email from Seat Customer Care)

Dear Mr Mulholland,

Thank you for your recent email.

We were pleased to hear of your interest in our brand. We have
spoken to our Marketing Department on your behalf, however we regret that we
have no plans to make the Xenon lights an option in the UK. However we are
pleased to confirm that the Ibiza Cupra TDi will be available from May after
the Birmingham Motor Show....

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I can't understand why they don't sell the Xenons in UK - they're options abroad and they do make them to fit RHD (I've got them on mine).
It's the same with other options - ESP, leather, sunroof, rain sensor, winter pack, etc etc - all available abroad but not in UK.
:confused:

cpufreak

back in the UK
Nov 9, 2003
London, SW6
photo.ing.me.uk
futher email from seat customer care....I'd imagine if everyone who wanted Xenons pestered Seat UK about it, they might rethink it...
Should a petition be started? :D

Dear Mr Mulholland,

Thank you for your further email.

SEAT UK acts as an importer of SEAT vehicles, as such we have a set
agreement over which models and which specifications we agree to supply in
to the UK market with our sister company, SEAT Spain.

A decision has been made to not import models with this type of headlights
included in the specification. Decisions relating to which specifications we
offer in this country are made by our Marketing Department and are usually
based on anticipated demand. So for example, the demand in this country for
this type of headlight may not be sufficient for us to decide that we would
like to supply vehicles with this type of headlight included.

Regrettably it is not possible for us to supply you with a vehicle with
these headlights and due to the wiring on the vehicles we supply it is not
possible to retro fit them on to UK specification vehicles. This is mainly
due to the differences in wiring and that these headlights have sensors
which cannot be retro fitted.

We apologise that we are unable to assist you on this occasion. Please be
assured that we have copied your email to our Marketing Department for
future consideration when deciding on future model specifications.

Kind regards

SEAT Customer Care

Doey1978

Jul 15, 2008
Ashford, Kent
I drive a black leon cupra Ive only had it a couple of months and do motorway driving It hardly had any chips on it at all when I bought it now after 2k miles its got loads and its upsetting but what can you do apart from try and stay back from cars as much as possible and stick to the speed limit which is a hard thing to do when you got all the power under your right foot !!

Poverty

apparently and a neighbor told me this black cars chip the easiest as their paint is applied thinner!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise