Parcel shelf fittings - part number?

TheRookie

Feb 9, 2015
Today, while opening car's boot, I've noticed that the parcel shelf is sitting at an awkward angle. It looks like, the one of the pins that is holding it in place is broken. This is the pin that is attaching the shelf to the trim so that it can be swiveled when the boot is opening.
Checked eBay but the only ones that I could find were for 2007 model, not the new one (mine is 2015, so the pin is different).

Any idea where I could source the part from?

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
As you can see in my signature, I owned an ALTEA my2006 before I bought a my2015 recently.
When giving away the old model, I saved some parts for retrofitting into the new one, like armrest, raised boot floor, space saver wheel and the parcel shelf (stowaway box) underneath the boot cover.

As the ALTEA facelift models come with a slightly different boot cover, the knob that formerly holds the parcel shelf (pic#1) underneath the old boot cover (5P0 867 134 E/F) doesn't fit the new cover (5P0 867 134 G) any more.
Hence I had to construct some other fastening (pic#2+3) to continue to use the old tray with the new boot cover.
In addition, the position of the two mountings attached to the tray (pic#4) were sitting a little too far to each end and had to be moved a little inwards (~0,5cm each = as much as possible) to match the holders of the boot cover (mounting (5P0 867 575 A) + locking sleeve (5P5 868 767 A)).

Now the look and feel of the additional parcel shelf is back in my new ALTEA (pic#5).

Hope that you are inspired or at least know now which part to look for ...
btw. I haven't seen pictures of a facelift ALTEA with this tray yet ...

Hutablage_01.jpg Altea_14TSI_CIMG9337_Hutablage.jpg Altea_14TSI_CIMG9338_Hutablage.jpg Altea_14TSI_CIMG9336_Hutablage.jpg Altea_14TSI_CIMG9335_Hutablage.jpg

EDIT: After reading your post over again, I reckon that you might only need those holders (mounting and sleeve) attached to the boot cover, they may be cheaper to buy at the dealers than to go for a used boot cover.

Last edited:

TheRookie

Feb 9, 2015
Thank you for your reply :)
Perhaps I wasn't clear in what I need - you're rigjt, it is mounting and an insert that goes into the mounting.

I did some research and looks like two things:
1. 5P0867575A - mounting bracket
2.5P5868767A - reyention bushing

The first one I've managed to find on eBay but not the other one..

BTW, I really like the idea of stowavay box - well done! :)

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
I did some research and looks like two things:
1. 5P0867575A - mounting bracket
2.5P5868767A - reyention bushing
The first one I've managed to find on eBay but not the other one..
Like mentioned in my post, I expected those two parts to be affected.
The more important one should be the mounting (1.), as this part is likely to break, while the sleeve (2.) is fexible and should rather pop off when the boot cover is twisted.
I can imagine, that you'll either can reuse the "retention bushing" or find some tube or hosepipe at the hardware store that will match with the pin (you still have the intact other side as a template, haven't you?)

On the other hand, the dealer should be able to get you those 2 parts for little money (~10 Euros).

TheRookie

Feb 9, 2015
Yes, you're spot on. It is the part 1 that is broken!
I'll get in touch with SEAT dealer and ask them for a quote.

Thanks again :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members