Parcel shelf for ST

mestala

Nov 4, 2018
Need a parcel shelf for rear of the ST exeo...Found a couple on ebay but can't figure out how they fit.It looks to me as if the attach some way to the back seats.If they do,how do you get the seats down without disconnecting the shelf..bit puzzled/
This is one I'm looking at,is it the right one.
Item number on ebay 322858836152.
Cheers

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Not sure about the Exeo, but I guess it's similar to my old Audi A4 Avant ( it could even be the same part, it certainly looks like it ).
It slots into brackets on the seatbacks. To fix/remove you need to open the rear offside passenger door to slide it on/off the brackets.
It weighs a flamin' tonne ( but not as much as the one on the C Class estate I have now )

mestala

Nov 4, 2018
Do you mean the 2 chrome brackets on top of the seats?,so that means you have to take the shelf off to lower the rear seats,surely that can't be right,or is it just badly designed?
The guy said it was heavy when I phoned about it

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
IIRC there is no way of removing the cover without dropping the seats. When you lower them the cover goes with them. Once the seats are down, the cover can be removed by sliding it sideways a bit until the lugs disengage. It seems a common design; similar in both my old 3 Series Touring and current C Class

stevec0268

Jul 10, 2017
Wolverhampton
The cover only attaches on the large side of the rear seats. If you lower the single seat first and then the double the cover goes with it.

I have got a cover in my garage but one of the lugs that locate the cover when it is extended is missing.

If anyone is interested in this and lives local to West Mids then make me an offer and its yours!

:happy:

mestala

Nov 4, 2018
Thanks for that offer,but found one on ebay at a dismantlers near me,great condition too ...with the dog guard built into it...£75

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
£75 is steep.

The Audi A4 B6/B7 will also fit have a hunt about should be able to find something cheaper

Just had a quick browse on eBay a fair few sub £50

mestala

Nov 4, 2018
Shame u didn't see my post a bit earlier,but I did get to see it b4 buying,very good nick too
Cheers anyway

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.