Park Assist

Oct 8, 2021
Has anybody tried this yet? I’d be interested to hear of other peoples experiences.

I tried it once and aborted quickly as the car reversed so quickly it frightened the hell out of me .
Also, because you have to travel slowly to find a space, cars behind me starting beeping at me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
I've used it a couple of times. It is surprisingly good! I was scared of it hitting the curb, but it keeps a perfect distance.

I added the parking window to the quick menu, so whenever I have to park I can one-tap the Park Assistant and let the car find a spot as I go along. I can roll at a reasonable pace while it searches.

Remember, you are the one controlling the speed when reversing, so that one is on you, just keep your foot on the brake at all times :ROFLMAO: I found turning off Auto-Hold is the way forward to make it smooth.

Pro-tip: If you change tires to a different circumference you might have to change some values to keep it the Parking Assistant accurate using an OBDeleven. Distance to the curb can also be set in there.

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
I've used it a couple of times. It is surprisingly good! I was scared of it hitting the curb, but it keeps a perfect distance.

I added the parking window to the quick menu, so whenever I have to park I can one-tap the Park Assistant and let the car find a spot as I go along. I can roll at a reasonable pace while it searches.

Remember, you are the one controlling the speed when reversing, so that one is on you, just keep your foot on the brake at all times :ROFLMAO: I found turning off Auto-Hold is the way forward to make it smooth.

Pro-tip: If you change tires to a different circumference you might have to change some values to keep it the Parking Assistant accurate using an OBDeleven. Distance to the curb can also be set in there.
You mentioned something about a quick menu .... what is that?

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
You mentioned something about a quick menu .... what is that?
Just the menu you choose in the bottom right, with the /// icon. That's the customizable Quick Menu with big windows.

My first 3 windows are: Mileage (since refuel etc.), Climate Control, and Parking (quick access to cameras and Parking Assistant). Scroll right for the other ones.

Oct 8, 2021

Nice one…I’ll give it a whirl in an empty parking lot . What sort of speed do you generally need to go for it to work correctly?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Nice one…I’ll give it a whirl in an empty parking lot . What sort of speed do you generally need to go for it to work correctly?

As above, once in Park Mode you control the speed and direction (forward and back), the car just does the steering and gives instructions in the centre console.

To detect the space you just drive at normal car park speed (assuming you don’t handbrake it around the corners) with the indicator on to tell the car which side to look. Although I have noticed space detection without indicators after pressing Park Assist.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.