Passenger Airbag

Jonzy

Is it possible to disable the passenger airbag without a trip to the stealer? Daughters car seat wont fit in the back :banghead:

tackleberry

300+ spanish donkeys yeha
Jun 25, 2005
Ross on Wye
no they have to put it on record. Didgy 2 off here has had it done for the same reasons PM him I'm sure he'll answer

AlphaMale

Apr 28, 2005
Cardiff
VAG-COM?

My Leon used to have a switch that was opetated by the ingition key inside the glove box. Not looked at the ibiza but obvioulsy it's not quite as simple :shrug:

Alpha

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
open the glove box, insert key turn it off and the airbag off light above the radio will light up, simple!!

AlphaMale

Apr 28, 2005
Cardiff
Ant FR said:
open the glove box, insert key turn it off and the airbag off light above the radio will light up, simple!!

So simple you got it wrong ;)

And if it was that simple I don't think he be asking on here would he :confused:

Alpha

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Ant FR said:
on a mk4 ye - mk3 no

didgy2

newbe
Feb 19, 2004
glos
Visit site
i have replied to your message but dont seem to have a record of it in my sent box.
if you receive it you can you copy and post it up here for future ref. if you like

:D

Jonzy

Thanks to Jamie for the advice :

it cost about £30 for the resister for the airbag from the dealers and 1 1/2 hrs labour.total for me was £114.

ONLY the main dealer will do this for you as the car has to be registered with seat main office in spain as having it done, if not ALL insurance is VOID.

also check the seat in the front before you do it as my front seat belt is not long enough unless the seat is right back up against the back seat and even then it is very hard to fit it in.Looking into longer belts at the moment.

hope it helps

jamie

The moral to this story..... always pull out ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members