PD160 intake and green filter.

TWP

Feb 19, 2006
Does the PD160 intake and green filter make a difference? Or would I be better of putting the £80 towards something else?

I plan to get the car remapped.

Any help much appreciated.

Edit: It's a PD130

Last edited:

T. Spark

TWP said:
Does the PD160 intake and green filter make a difference? Or would I be better of putting the £80 towards something else?

I plan to get the car remapped.

Any help much appreciated.

Edit: It's a PD130

I think I can safely say please do a search, this has been discussed to death on here!

Quick answer yes.. do it... it helps response and if/when you get a remap aswell as it helping the car breath it will also (did on mine atleast) give the turbo a nice whistle which is more noticable with said mods on car.

I had Custom Code, so dont know if another map would have the same effect.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Well, there must have been a reason why Seat fitted a much larger diameter intake to the PD160 (IE similar power output as remapped 130).

Maybe they saw all the home-grown methods we tried on here when the Mk4 was first launched and decided it was a good idea !

TWP

Feb 19, 2006
Thanks for the replies.

Sted, why are you considering putting the standard filter back on?

Cheers

JBS Sales

We can supply the PD160 air intake and Green panel filter here at JBS Auto Designs.

I have a PD130 Ibiza and I put on the PD160 air intake and Green panel filter and later that week I had a little stint on a 'private road' with Mark (T. Spark) and pulled a cars length away from him at 80-120mph.

Not a great deal of a difference but it all helps.

Mike

T. Spark

Gggrrr, tis true... he also didnt tell me he had done this so after a few goes, me trying everything to keep up from changing sooner for torque or later for bhp, and nothing seemed to work, he randomly mentioned it one sunday afternoon. A week later and I had the same and custom code. Nuff said!

Triple D

JBS Mike said:
We can supply the PD160 air intake and Green panel filter here at JBS Auto Designs.

I have a PD130 Ibiza and I put on the PD160 air intake and Green panel filter and later that week I had a little stint on a 'private road' with Mark (T. Spark) and pulled a cars length away from him at 80-120mph.

Not a great deal of a difference but it all helps.

Mike
Only 1 car lenth :ban: you should be :rifle: , you should have atleast pulled 5-6 ;)

T. Spark

spaniels fr said:
Only 1 car lenth :ban: you should be :rifle: , you should have atleast pulled 5-6 ;)

With just a green cotton air filter and a pd160?! lol! Oh and my great driving :D

Triple D

Mike_obd said:
Its a filter and intake!!!

Just cos you have a big turbo!! damn you!!

Just you wait!

Mike
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, everyone say ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to poor little Mike :lol:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.