Picked up new 2021 FR Sport DSG

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Rieger splitter one piece. oem Seat is two piece. hopefully makes it look a bit more chunkier

just received the mud flaps. instructions state drill holes. Has any one fitted mudflaps? bit concerned if drilling metal etc

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Seat-Ibiza-2017-1.jpg
6F0071606  GRU.jpg

lordedmundo

Feb 23, 2021
At least it wont need painting :)

Had 1 on my old Leon FR - perfect fit and good quality

Like it :)(y)

I'm tempted to paint the calipers red as well - look great on your Leon (I think that european SEAT FR's are fitted with red calipers at the factory. A bit mean that they are not supplied that way in the uk) :confused:

Lord_Brett_Sinclair

Dec 13, 2018
Rieger splitter one piece. oem Seat is two piece. hopefully makes it look a bit more chunkier

just received the mud flaps. instructions state drill holes. Has any one fitted mudflaps? bit concerned if drilling metal etc

As I commented in another thread:

"I've also obtained a set for genuine mud-flaps (ebay - £15/set) and can't believe what's involved in fitting them - including drilling two holes (different size) for each front flap and three holes (different sizes) for each rear flap.
In total, each front flap has 4 self tappers, one screw and one rivet and the each rear one has two self tappers, 1 screw and nut, one rivet and one push-in fixing. Not a quick job! "

I've not tried fitting them yet, but I do wonder what SEAT were thinking when coming up that design.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
As I commented in another thread:

"I've also obtained a set for genuine mud-flaps (ebay - £15/set) and can't believe what's involved in fitting them - including drilling two holes (different size) for each front flap and three holes (different sizes) for each rear flap.
In total, each front flap has 4 self tappers, one screw and one rivet and the each rear one has two self tappers, 1 screw and nut, one rivet and one push-in fixing. Not a quick job! "

I've not tried fitting them yet, but I do wonder what SEAT were thinking when coming up that design.
I used to be a firm believer in having mud flaps on my car and had them fitted to all the cars I owned from 1980 - 2016 but I don’t bother with them now. My last two cars haven’t had them and IMHO they don’t seem to get any dirtier without mud flaps than previous cars did that had them fitted, nor do they suffer any more stone chips along the sides or on the sills of the car. I also prefer the look of a car with no mud flaps.

So I’m a convert to the ‘no mud flaps’ look. Also saves the cost of buying them, and the time and hassle of fitting them 🙂.

Last edited:

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK

Mine arrived yesterday - a job for the weekend
They feel very solid - usually flaps have some give in them, i suspect every chip that's flung up at them will be heard?

I haven't looked at the instructions but on other cars and drilling has been into plastic (inner wheel arches, etc)

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
I used to be a firm believer in having mud flaps on my car and had them fitted to all the cars I owned from 1980 - 2016 but I don’t bother with them now. My last two cars haven’t had them and IMHO they don’t seem to get any dirtier without mud flaps than previous cars did that had them fitted, nor do they suffer any more stone chips along the sides or on the sills of the car. I also prefer the look of a car with no mud flaps.

So I’m a convert to the ‘no mud flaps’ look. Also saves the cost of buying them, and the time and hassle of fitting them 🙂.

Fitting mud flaps for the overall look for the car.

Saw a picture somewhere and looks good.

Can't believe this model if 3+ years old and no pictures of extras fitted out there.

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Went to the dealership today. Completed the Seat ident process. Now can lock and unlock from the Seat connect app.

Cars booked in for rear parking sensors next week and asked about getting mud flaps fitted. Service tech goes put in boot and they'll fit for free. Result 😎

Bought this aswell. Will ask them to fit also

20210305_235931.jpg

pompeydave

Nov 30, 2017
Lovely looking FR's guys , I'm still looking at them to replace my Astra as now work from home and don't do the miles.
BIG problem is colour , I like about 5 or 6 colours lol
Had a Leon in grey , fiesta ST in blue , Astra is silver but love the orange and red.

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021

£15 each from main dealer. Bargain

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
How many of the holes you had to drill for the mudflaps were into metal?

None
The holes that were drilled were into the plastic arch liners and 1 on each rear bumper into the painted lip.
I didn't fit any to the underneath as the flaps are rigid and with the fixings in the arches they didn't move at all :)

DPM Performance