Picked up new 2021 FR Sport DSG

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Boot mat arrived and fitted. Not too bad £40. no noise reduction.
20210310_165925.jpg

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Key cover installed

Just found out about chrome hook part available. If I knew before would of bought that as well

20210315_183159.jpg

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Mud flaps installed by dealer.

Made an error on rear bumper protector and parking sensors so back in next week.

20210316_180222.jpg
20210316_180237.jpg
20210316_180301.jpg

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
what did

how much did they charge for mud gurads supply and fit mate?

Mud flaps off eBay £15 each. Seat dealer fitted for free as car was getting parking sensors installed

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Rear sensors and bumper protection film fitted.

Roof spoiler, front lower bumper spoiler, side skirts, diffuser kit and boot lid strip arrived. Going to body shop tomorrow. Painting Piano black side skirts, lower lip spoiler and hopefully the rear diffuser top piece trim that goes behind number plate. The roof spoiler and lower bumper piece Nevada white. Boot lid trim already piano black and bumper diffuser.

20210326_174656.jpg
20210326_123543.jpg

Feb 19, 2021
Rear sensors and bumper protection film fitted.

Roof spoiler, front lower bumper spoiler, side skirts, diffuser kit and boot lid strip arrived. Going to body shop tomorrow. Painting Piano black side skirts, lower lip spoiler and hopefully the rear diffuser top piece trim that goes behind number plate. The roof spoiler and lower bumper piece Nevada white. Boot lid trim already piano black and bumper diffuser.

View attachment 23115 View attachment 23116
hi mate with the sensors does the display come on the stero ? or are they just beeping ?

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
How does the rear panel fit behind the number plate? is it stuck on or fitted with fixings?
Still undecided on the genuine diffuser or the Rieger and maybe vinyl behind the plate?

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
hi mate with the sensors does the display come on the stero ? or are they just beeping ?
Beeping comes from the rear boot. I believe a small speaker has been installed. Looks like the kit is linked to n/s rear light. Once reverse is engaged a beep is heard then once near an object starts slow beeps to faster the closer you get. Ended paying £220. Called several local dealers and prices varied up to £375. They all use the VAG kit which is about £100. I believe to have it linked to the screen is a major task and I read somewhere would be close to £850.

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
How does the rear panel fit behind the number plate? is it stuck on or fitted with fixings?
Still undecided on the genuine diffuser or the Rieger and maybe vinyl behind the plate?
The piece is plastic. Has red backed 3m sponge tape around edge. Having it done in piano black to match lower diffuser. Will sell the old diffuser for £100ish on eBay so will off set the cost. Just waiting for a price from body shop for painting and fitting

Feb 19, 2021
Beeping comes from the rear boot. I believe a small speaker has been installed. Looks like the kit is linked to n/s rear light. Once reverse is engaged a beep is heard then once near an object starts slow beeps to faster the closer you get. Ended paying £220. Called several local dealers and prices varied up to £375. They all use the VAG kit which is about £100. I believe to have it linked to the screen is a major task and I read somewhere would be close to £850.
what do you mean by vag kit ? looked and all the genuine seat ones are £260 they state beep and visual thats all

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Feb 19, 2021
There different to the ones I seen mate the ones I seen was genuine retrofit parking sensors shame they fit them ones would of liked the visual also

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
There different to the ones I seen mate the ones I seen was genuine retrofit parking sensors shame they fit them ones would of liked the visual also

£500ish fitted.

Feb 19, 2021

£500ish fitted.
yeah guessing around there ive been meaning to book in with seat for the front and rear parking sensors but in two minds now would of liked the visuals also so not to sure now what to do lol

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
yeah guessing around there ive been meaning to book in with seat for the front and rear parking sensors but in two minds now would of liked the visuals also so not to sure now what to do lol

I had a facelift 2017 Leon FR with the rear sensors which beeped only (factory fitted) - i used Carista which added the display to the head unit (no wiring req), not sure if Carista will do this on the Ibiza though?

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
The piece is plastic. Has red backed 3m sponge tape around edge. Having it done in piano black to match lower diffuser. Will sell the old diffuser for £100ish on eBay so will off set the cost. Just waiting for a price from body shop for painting and fitting

Thanks for that - it's a shame the piece can't be bought seperate as i'd wrap that gloss black and fit the Rieger diffuser, not sure if the Seat acc diffuser is different enough to stand out?
I'm waiting for a local bodyshop to come back to me with a price to paint the rear spoiler and a price for spoiler and side blades - might just fit spoiler and add some black decals to the lower doors to match the splitter and wheels?

Feb 19, 2021
I had a facelift 2017 Leon FR with the rear sensors which beeped only (factory fitted) - i used Carista which added the display to the head unit (no wiring req), not sure if Carista will do this on the Ibiza though?
yeah i dont think it would work because by the sounds of what they do is just tap into reverse wire for power and then wire the beep up there would be no cable running to headunit im guessing

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Thanks for that - it's a shame the piece can't be bought seperate as i'd wrap that gloss black and fit the Rieger diffuser, not sure if the Seat acc diffuser is different enough to stand out?
I'm waiting for a local bodyshop to come back to me with a price to paint the rear spoiler and a price for spoiler and side blades - might just fit spoiler and add some black decals to the lower doors to match the splitter and wheels?

i think the diffuser is similar but in piano black. the fake exhaust and strip joining is in a mat chrome.

don't think decals would look good for the side skirts, as the area is dimpled so might not adhere good and peel off.

these genuine parts are ridiculously priced for what they are.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
don't think decals would look good for the side skirts, as the area is dimpled so might not adhere good and peel off.

I was thinking of decals for the bottom of the doors - have them in gloss black, something similar to these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-Uni...:Ibiza&hash=item3b19e94568:g:2dUAAOSwKFBZuL3E

DPM Performance