Picked up new 2021 FR Sport DSG

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
I was thinking of decals for the bottom of the doors - have them in gloss black, something similar to these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-Universal-Car-Side-Body-Sticker-Sports-Racing-Race-Car-Long-Stripe-Decal/253837788520?fits=Car+Make:Seat|Model:Ibiza&hash=item3b19e94568:g:2dUAAOSwKFBZuL3E

yeah these look good. great price too.

Feb 19, 2021
Rear sensors and bumper protection film fitted.

Roof spoiler, front lower bumper spoiler, side skirts, diffuser kit and boot lid strip arrived. Going to body shop tomorrow. Painting Piano black side skirts, lower lip spoiler and hopefully the rear diffuser top piece trim that goes behind number plate. The roof spoiler and lower bumper piece Nevada white. Boot lid trim already piano black and bumper diffuser.

View attachment 23115 View attachment 23116
hi when your sensor got fitted did you get the car back the same day? myns due in next friday but dont wanna go with no car over weekend

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Just found this image. Requested boot lid spoiler and both front bumper lower splitters in piano black. Hopefully they've haven't started painting yet🤞🏼

2018-cupra-ibiza-concept_resized.jpg

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
That looks nice apart from the wheels - shame they didn't bring out a Cupra version
Still not sure on the side blades? should be able to get full sideskirts like on the A3

I got 2 prices today to paint the rear spoiler - £150+vat and another shop quoted £200+vat :eek:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
That looks nice apart from the wheels - shame they didn't bring out a Cupra version
Still not sure on the side blades? should be able to get full sideskirts like on the A3

I got 2 prices today to paint the rear spoiler - £150+vat and another shop quoted £200+vat :eek:
Love the grey and black theme on that Cupra Ibiza concept car. If Seat had added that to their Ibiza model line up, it would have been a serious contender for me. Agree on the wheels though, but then I’m not a fan of anything diamond cut!

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Love the grey and black theme on that Cupra Ibiza concept car. If Seat had added that to their Ibiza model line up, it would have been a serious contender for me. Agree on the wheels though, but then I’m not a fan of anything diamond cut!
Yeah if they fitted a 2.0 280bhp engine that would be great - could have been a last hurrah for the petrol hot hatch before all the electric cars take over

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021

Them prices makes what I'm paying a bargain.

Mates rates £350 and they're are a VAG approved repair centre

Front lower bumper add on and splitter painted and fitted
Side blades painted and fitted
Roof spoiler painted and fitted
Replace rear diffuser and paint upper section and fit
Fit boot lid trim

Should be ready Thursday. Then going in for new car paint prep and ceramic coating.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Them prices makes what I'm paying a bargain.

Mates rates £350 and they're are a VAG approved repair centre

Front lower bumper add on and splitter painted and fitted
Side blades painted and fitted
Roof spoiler painted and fitted
Replace rear diffuser and paint upper section and fit
Fit boot lid trim

Should be ready Thursday. Then going in for new car paint prep and ceramic coating.
Blimey - that's not bad. Where abouts are you based?
So are you having all the parts done gloss black?
Just had a reply from TripleR regarding the side splitters - they do have to be screwed onto the sills so drilling is req - not good :( that's out of the question

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
All parts painted and fitted

the bodyshop paint matched the lower diffuser paint. Seat call it piano black.

Based in Birmingham

Normal customer rate would £800 + vat

Car with detailer now.

Should be ready tomorrow.

20210408_220310.jpg
20210408_220320.jpg
20210408_220342.jpg
IMG-20210408-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210408-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20210408-WA0003.jpg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Al.khasser; looks good. The contrast between black body kit parts and white car works well.

Be sure to let your insurance company know of the changes you’ve made if you’ve not already told them.

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
@Al.khasser; looks good. The contrast between black body kit parts and white car works well.

Be sure to let your insurance company know of the changes you’ve made if you’ve not already told them.
All modification declared

Mud flaps
Armrest
Spare wheel kit
Side blades
Roof spoiler
Front bumper spoiler
Rear diffuser kit

£49 increase in insurance premium

Weather not great. Will take some better pictures when the sun's out

20210409_155211.jpg
20210409_155122.jpg
20210409_155103.jpg
20210409_155034.jpg
20210409_155019.jpg
20210409_145325.jpg

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Looks really nice - didn't you fancy having the grille surround painted black to match?
I also notice you have the different foglight surrounds - mine are gloss black

I don't know why the diffuser kit has the rear panel in a greyish finish - should be gloss black like your to match?

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
Looks really nice - didn't you fancy having the grille surround painted black to match?
I also notice you have the different foglight surrounds - mine are gloss black

I don't know why the diffuser kit has the rear panel in a greyish finish - should be gloss black like your to match?

Prefer silver grill to match wheels and badges.

Not sure about gloss black fog light surrounds.

Greyish finish is not great. Glad I went with piano black.

Side blades are wide and look great. These parts are way over priced for what they are.

Only paid £620 for these parts. All genuine seat and brand new. RRP £1380 🤯

Feb 19, 2021
All modification declared

Mud flaps
Armrest
Spare wheel kit
Side blades
Roof spoiler
Front bumper spoiler
Rear diffuser kit

£49 increase in insurance premium

Weather not great. Will take some better pictures when the sun's out

View attachment 23662 View attachment 23663 View attachment 23664 View attachment 23665 View attachment 23666 View attachment 23667

looks nice mate not sure what todo on myn got a metalic grey so not sure on sideblade and front lip color to have lol getting the sensors fitted next week there not using the same ones as you linked though so not sure if theese will come up on screen

Al.khasser

Mar 1, 2021
looks nice mate not sure what todo on myn got a metalic grey so not sure on sideblade and front lip color to have lol getting the sensors fitted next week there not using the same ones as you linked though so not sure if theese will come up on screen

if i had grey i would chose a colour from the wing mirror range.

then paint side blades red, roof spoiler red, top section of front spoiler grey and lower splitter red.

get the FR red matched for paint.

if you went for black would on some parts you wouldn't notice

Untitled.png

EBC Brakes Direct - picture of brake discs and pads